Sad Face

I stood there and felt the tears come up in my eyes as I packed my last box, remembering what decision I have made.

We stood there, my parents on either side of me glaring at each other. The judge sat behind his desk as we looked over the papers of their arguments for my custody. He looked up to me and put the papers down. “Please leave the room Mrs and Mr Connors. They nodded. I went to follow as he called me to stay. As soon as the door shut he talked again. “I want to ask your opinion. Where do you want to stay?” He looked at me truthfully, his eyes full of concern.

I stood there for a minuet. “I think I actually want to stay with my grandmother, in America. Because I only have a few short years left before I turn eighteen I want to stay where I won’t be fought over like I am a child’s toy or move around.” I answered truthfully.

He sat back in his chair and folded his hands. He smiled slightly and nodded his head. “I think that is the most mature answer. Lets bring your parents back in….”

Now I was packing for America. I sat and looked at the blank page in front of me. I wrote Niall on the top line. Taking a deep breath I poured my heart out into the letter.

Niall,

I am so sorry that you have to find out this way. I didn’t want to bother you as you were making your life long dream come true. You will always be the best friend in my heart, no one can replace you. I wish you were here for me right now. I am moving to America to live with my grandmother. I wish I could stay, but even my parents are moving away. I hope even when you get big you remember the small people in your life. My family think it’s best to have me drop relations with you because they think I will want to hold on to this life and not make myself a new one. I have and will always love you, you’re my best friend, and I hope you never forget me.

I love you Cookie Monster,

Mickey

I saw a two tears hit the page as I poured what I had to say. I pulled out a blue envelop and wrote his name shakily. I stood in my sun dress and sandals, went out side to walk to his house. I walked up to the door and knocked. Karen opened it looking surprised as I normally just walk in. I wiped my tears as I handed her the envelop. “Give this to him when he gets home.” I whispered as she looked at me teary eyed. I hugged her and whispered a good bye. “You have always been like a mom and I promise I will see you in the future.” I walked away.

I didn’t look back, I couldn’t. I started to sob as soon as I walked into my house. Falling to my knees for the loss a friend, one that will never EVER be replaced. I felt some ones arms wrap around me. I knew they were my moms. I threw them off me and ran to my room, my vision blurred from my tears.

I locked the door and leaned against the door. I heard my mom knock. “Mickey, what is wrong?” I sobbed even louder.

“I couldn’t even say goodbye in person.” I whispered through the tears. “I didn’t even get to say it to his face!” I yelled at her. She sighed.

“Get over it Mikayla. You’ll get new friends.” She said emotionlessly.

“NO! He has been my friend since we were kids!” I can’t believe she is saying this. I sobbed more and she walked away. I got up and changed into a pair of my plaid pj pants and one of Niall’s shirts. I sniffed the shirt and fell onto my bed. My eyes felt dry, like the Savanna. I feel into a deep, exhausting sleep.

I dreamed of memories. “Promise me one thing” I heard a childlike Niall say. I looked to see him with brown hair. Looking out over the yard in our little place.

“Promise you what?” I giggle out as he squints to see our parents coming out to find us.

“Promise me that when we grow up that you’ll never leave me.” He whispered looking over at me.

“Of course as long as you promise the same. I’ll go any where with you.” I answered. He stuck out his pinky. We connected them in a pinky promise saying the words ‘I promise’.

I woke to feel light tears on my face. “Well, we seemed to have both broke a promise.” I whispered as I got up. I walked down to hear a strong American accent rang through the house.

“Don’t you two worry now. I will take perfect care of her. She will love the beach and everything else in Hollywood. Maybe she can became an actress!” I heard her chatter as I walked down the stairs.

She heard my steps and turned around. “OH! MY BABY!” she squealed and ran over, embracing me in her warm hug. I missed her constant hugs and teenager ways, yes my grandma is a teen at heart.

“Hi Gran. When do we go?” I asked as she looked into my eyes, I know their blood shot from all the crying.

“Tonight. But I want you to make sure that you packed everything.” I nodded saying I did.

“Can I just go for a walk?’ I asked as I headed towards my room, she waved off an ok. I changed into my green chinos, white tank, and purple TOMS. I walked out as they stood in the kitchen. I sighed and walked down towards the old park. I sat on the swings while thinking of all the old memories. I remember when he broke his arm when we had a swing jumping contest. Didn’t shed a single tear. I got up and continued walking around. I found myself out side his house. For the exception is that, this time it’s empty.

I walked in to the unusual quietness of the house. It is a normal house and is very tiny compared to mine. I walked up the stairs to his room. Sitting on his bed I looked around. God, I am going to miss him the most when I move. We know everything about each other, we used to even take baths together. Looking back it’s kind of awkward.

I got up and made a quick decision, steal some of his shirts. I laughed as I made it seem like I’m some top secret agent stealing some thing important. I smiled as I took my four favorites. One is a batman shirt, one is a plain grey, one is a Scooby-Do shirt, and the last is a cream button up shirt. I smiled as they were all something that meant special to me, most of the time if I needed a shirt I wore these.

I walked out, shirts in hand, and headed home to leave. I didn’t realize how long I was out till when I got home the moving people were packing up my boxes. I opened a box that was on the ground and slipped three shirts in there as I put the cream button one on; I wore it unbuttoned over the shirt and pants.

I walked into the house, never ever am I going to be ready to leave this place, how am I going to get through the next year of high school?

I am going to have one more chapter than a two year later one :)