Forget About You

I DONT OWN THE SONG.

~

Marshall let out a breath as he pulled out his guitar, his nerves were sky rocketing and for a moment he thought about just canceling. He'd performed dozens of times, but this time Gumball would be here, listening to the song Marshall had wrote about him. Maybe Gumball wouldn't be able to tell the song was about him...

Marshall scoffed at the thought, of course he'd be able to tell, Gumball wasn't stupid. He turned when Finn gently grabbed his arm with a smile, telling him it was time to go on.

"Don't worry Marshall, he's too far away to be seen. You're gonna be fine." Finn assured while leading Marshall to the stage. He let out a relieved sigh when he saw the curtains had yet to be drawn. He got his guitar in place and sat on the stool waiting for his que. 

The curtains slowly opened and without any words, Marshall began to strum the strings on his guitar. 'Focus on the music.' He told himself. 

"Heard that life is going well," He gently sang, keeping his eyes downcast. He didn't want to see him. "You found a good man. You're happy and I can tell." Was Gumball really happy though? He always seemed like he was, and even though Marshall felt like shit for thinking it, he didn't want Gumball to be happy with someone else.

"mmm, oooooh,but life for me ain't all that great, cause I never moved on. It seems like only yesterday..." A memory flashed in Marshall's mind and he couldn't stop the smile from slipping onto his face. "That we would fight, and we'd make up. We were young and so in love."

"Marshall!" Gumball screeched furiously as the tall boy loomed over him with a cocky smirk. "Where the hell did you put it!?" Marshall only shrugged innocently in response, he had a habit of hiding Gumball's things around his room. He was cute when he was mad, mad Gumball also led to a hot make out session. Gumball searched for his phone for a good hour, yelled at Marshall for another hour before giving up and falling back onto his bed. 

"Get out." He huffed in irritation when Marshall loomed over him with a small smile. Said boy's smile only grew wider at the command, before he sent Gumball a small, fake pout. "I said get the fuck out."

"No thanks." Marshall scoffed before dropping onto Gumball, causing him to grunt in pain at the weight. He let out a growl and began to push at the taller boy, only to grow in anger when he didn't budge. "Marshall!"

Marshall groaned and took the phone out his pocket and waved in front of the pink haired boys face. Gumball gasped loudly, embarrassed at the fact that he didn't even think about checking Marshalls pockets. He snatched the phone, muttering a thanks before sending Marshall another glare. "Why?"

"You're cute when you're frustrated." He admitted with a shrug. Gumball rolled his eyes with a small smile before pulling Marshall down for a kiss.

"But you drove me mad at the same damn time. You're no longer mine and I can't..." His voice cracked slightly at the words, but he quickly pushed through. "Forget about yoooouuu, forget about yoooouuu, forget about you. I can't forget about, forget about yooouu."

Gumball swallowed loudly in the audience, tears filled his eyes as he stared up at Marshall, the words hitting him hard. He missed him terribly.

"How am I supposed to let you go? You were the best thing I've ever known. Mmmmm," Gumball choked up, moving closer to the stage, internally begging Marshall to look up at him. "They say that scars heal over time. Well I'm still bleeding and I'm wondering do I ever cross your mind."

'Every second of every day.' Gumball thought with a sad smile.

"And though you hurt me and made me mad, somehow your good outweighs the bad, and I just can't go on without you by my side. No I can't." Marshall briefly looked up, auburn eyes, meeting blue and he was struck breathless for a second. "Forget about yooouuuu, forget about yooouuu, forget about you. I can't forget about, can't forget about you."

Tears filled his eyes but he blinked them away and continued to look at Gumball. Gumball was all he could see, it was as if everything, and everyone else in the crowded room had disappeared. 

"And though it hurts sometimes, to think that you will never be mine again. I will always try to make things right between us." He sang to Gumball, who had yet to break away from the spell that seemed to be cast over them. "I don't wanna be just friends. How can I ever love again?"

He couldn't, they couldn't. No one would ever be able to replace the other.

They only loved each other.

~

I'm working on all of the request I got!! So please don't think I forgot.

Sorry for any mistakes.