Chapter Twenty Seven

When the witch arrived there was an errie calm across the pack. Not everyone knew that she was coming but the ones that did were worried, and rightfully so. Jaxon and I along with Luka, Jonah, Cody  and the witch sat in Jax's office. "So the infamous Alpha Jaxon needs help from me." She said almost gloating. I'd learned before she came that her name was Dawn, and she was one of the last practicing witches.  She was actually rather pretty, not what I would have imagined that's for sure. She reminded me more of a hippie than a witch. "Yes I do. I have an odd request." Jaxon told her. She waved her hand, "Its not that odd. Before the others stopped practicing it was in fact very common. Mates who had a rough start, family members who couldn't cope with grief, all sorts of reaons to erase someones memory." She said. Jaxon gave her an odd look. "How did you know?" I didn't tell her a word about why I needed her her.  He said mindlinking us all. Dawn grinned, "I am a witch Alpha, I can see the future. I know your plan will work, just like I know that someone is after your Luna and your recently rejected Beta will meet a second chance mate." The room stood silent, what was she talking about. "Jax we need garuds, 24/7 and we need a lock down." Luka said panicked standing. "Luka Mel would never reject you who says what she's saying is true.?" I said standing beside Jax knowing his wolf wouldn't like the assumption that some one was after me. "You don't understand Abi. If she says someone is after you she means it, you cant leave the hosue." He was clearly scared. "Calm down dude." Cody said to him. "Melanie rejected me." Jaxon stiffened. "What?" He asked nearly a growl. "She rejected me, told me to chose her or the pack. Her over my family, I couldn't do it. I thought she was just being dramatic, but she rejected me on the spot. I was going to tell you guys, I wanted to wait until we got all of this over with."  I couldn't understand what was happening, I never thougught Melanie would reject her mate. "Who is after Abi?" Jaxon asked now aware of the danger I could be in. "I don't know, I can't always see faces just events. But It will be within the next few months, she will be kidnapped and taken from you. There is nothing you can do to prevent it you just need to figure out how to get her back. " Jax pulled me down onto his lap, his wolf clearly surfacing at the threat to his mate. I tried my best to calm him, trying not to show my fear. Someone was after me and we had no clue as to who or why.

Wanting to get things taken care of as soon as possible we went to the dungeons to take care of business.  Lexington stood ready knowing what would take place. " He needs to mark her first in order for things to go smoothly." She said whispering to herself more than us. Jaxon motioned for someone to unlock Lexington's cell, once he was out Jaxon gave him a shot to knock her out, they moved him into Alexis'. She of course wasn't very happy with it. "What's going on?" She growled trying to stay away from him. " We're taking care of a problem that should have never existed." I said to her. "I know that you hate me but i'm sorry we have to do this." Lexington said to her before inserting the needle into her arm and giving her the shot. Her eyes were wide obviously confused as she looked at her mate. You could tell that whatever she had said to him over the time they knew they were mates, he cared for her. A few seconds later she was out in his arms. "So I just need to mark her like normal?" He asked. "She'll wake up right?" "Yes just like normal, she'll wake up after the spell is over." Dawn told him. I could see that he really did feel bad for doing this to his mate, brushing her hair back he marked her. It quickly healed, "Can you see the mark?" She asked. He nodded, "Yeah its there." "Alright everyone just stand back and let me do the rest." Dawn said. We stepped back, Jaxon taking a protective stance in front of me. She began to draw symbols on the floor in chalk and then took a knife to her palm letting the blood spread on them before she started chanting some words. I peaked from behind Jax and at first it didn't look like anything was happening until I saw Lexington's eyes had this glazed over look. Dawn continued chanting and then there was this odd feeling in the room before she stopped and Lexington collapsed. "Is he alright?" Jaxon asked. "He's fine, they should both wake within the next few minutes." It seemed like forever as we waited until finally they both began to stir. "Lex?" Alexis asked, "Where are we? Is this your pack?" He took a moment to respond, "No we got caught on the way there. Everything is fuzzy." His brows scrunched together. "I marked you?" he asked touching where I assumed her tattoo was. " I don't remember." She said touching it with a smile on her face. She was like a completely different person. "We are releasing you to your pack."  Jaxon spoke up. They both bowed their heads to him, "Thank you. I'm not sure what we did to end up here, but we are both sorry and will never venture to your pack again." Lexington said his arm protectively around her. "Its all been dropped. My Beta Luke will show you the way out, travel safely." They were both let out and sent on their way back to his pack. I let out a sigh of relief thankful that this was all over but now accrodning to what Dawn had said we had bigger problems coming.