Chapter Twenty-Four

"Hey Abi, have you talked to Melanie?" Luka asked, it'd been about two weeks since he sent her home and she still hadn't talked to me. "Not a peep since she left, why?" I asked as I was making some lunch. "I'm just.. She won't answer my calls, my texts and since we aren't mated my wolf and I are a little worried." He said openly. I knew he was starting to care about her, we'd gotten closer again after Melanie left and while I was thankful for it I didn't want him hurting Mel.  " Oh sorry she's still mad at me I guess." "Well Jaxon said if you hadn't heard from her I could head that way for a few days to make sure everything was alright so I guess I'll head out." I nodded until I actually comprehended what he said. "Wait what?" I questioned. "I'm gonna head to your old pack for a few days to check on Melanie." He spoke slowly. I panicked, the witch was supposed to be here within the next few days and we needed our Beta. "What about the witch?" "I'll be back before she gets here, I promise. I don't think Melanie will be all to happy to see me I just need to make sure she's alright." I sighed feeling a tad bit relieved. "Okay just be careful. And hey, just tell her I love her? We never fight this long." He nodded, "Will do. Tell him I'm headed out." I went back to working on the sandwiches I was fixing for Jax, he'd been crazy busy trying to get everything in motion for our plan and he barely left his office let alone eat anything. Grabbing a couple bottles of water and a bag of chips from the cabinet I made my way up there, knocking before I went in. "I understand that Greyson but I want you to know it's been taken care of. Luke has found his mate and it won't be a problem anymore, I just need to know that you're still on our side."  He said into he phone as I was walking in. "Okay thank you. She's fine, thank you for asking. I'll talk to you later." I raised the tray at him. "Hungry?" I questioned. It was as if all his worries vanished the moment he looked at me as he smiled. "Starved, get over here." I couldn't help but to smile back at him handing him the food. Yanking me down on his lap he handed me a half of one of the sandwiches, "I already ate." I replied. "Please? I haven't seen you eat much the past few days, it'll make me feel better." Rolling my eyes I took it and took a bite. "Happy?" I mumbled. Kissing my forehead he smiled, "Very". For a moment it was silent as he ate. "When is the last time you ate?" I questioned him accusingly. "Don't worry about me. What have you been up to today?" Shrugging I responded. "Not much cleaned our bedroom, spent some time with Jonah. He's acting really weird here lately." "I'm sure it's because of the whole Melanie thing. It's got to be hard finding out your sister is still alive. Speaking of, have you talked to her?" Seemed like today was the day to question me on the subject. Finishing my half I sighed, "No. I want to believe me, but I didn't do anything wrong I have no reason to apologize I'm just trying to look out for her. And on top of that defend you, you're my mate no matter what she is to me you come first and I won't just sit there while someone talks dirty about you." I said haughtily. "I'm sorry, I know it's hard on you. But you're right you shouldn't apologize when you've done nothing wrong." Jaxon said softly. "Thank you." "For what?" He asked confused. "For taking my side." "Of course I'd take your side." I sighed leaning into him. "I just wish things would settle down." He nodded his mouth full. After he'd finished his sandwich he rearranged me on his lap to where I was straddling him. "Did I tell you how beautiful you look today?" I couldn't help the blush that arose on my cheeks. Grasping my face he pulled me in for a kiss. After the night we had shared a few days ago it seemed like every time I was in the same room as him he found a way to make me want him. I didn't have a problem with it but it seemed like we never got to go as far as I would have liked.  "I have an idea." He spoke after pulling away. "What would that be?" "How would you like to go out for a few days? Get out of the house, relax before all the stress gets here." Jaxon asked. "Really?" I asked my attitude brightened. "Could we go on the boat?" He smiled at me, "If that's what you wanna do. I've just got a few things to finish up here and we can go. Why don't you go pack us a bag and I'll have someone get some food ready." I squealed hopping off of his lap. "I can do it! I'll see you in a little bit." I told him happily, leaning over to give him a kiss. Maybe after this id get what I wanted.