Chapter Twenty One

"Abi?" Lifting my head as I heard someone call my name, "Huh?" I replied. I was lost in thought, I did not expect last night to go the way it did and while we didn't have sex we did plenty of other things. "You okay?" Melanie asked skeptical. I nodded a small blush on my face I was sure. "I've called your name like ten times now." Shaking my head I stood talking my now empty plate to the sink. "I'm fine I swear, just thinking." "Okay well I was trying to tell you that Luke and I were talking about me moving here." She said from the table. Turning quickly I looked back at her, "Seriously?" While I was excited at the thought, it made me realize she and Luka were settling things. "Do you not want me to?" She asked quietly. "No I do! I just, I don't want you to rush things. I don't want you to get hurt." Melanie was older than me sure but she was like a younger sister to me. She acted the way too and after everything Luka had put her through the past two days I was worried. I knew I had to let her do her own thing but I was scared for her. "He's my mate Abigail. I know that he messed up but so did Jaxon, and you guys made things work." "Melanie that's different, Jaxon wasn't in love with some other girl." I said defending my mate, my wolf getting riled up. "So he still slept with other girls before you." "You're joking right? You told me yourself that Luka slept with that girl, so not only that and he was in love with her? That's a lot different than Jaxon having sex with some rando because he was horny." She stood from the table, obviously upset that I wasn't taking her side. "Why are you being like this? At least he's trying!" She nearly yelled. My hand slammed down on the table, "After he got scolded like a little boy by his Alpha! He couldn't even defend himself all he could say was that he loved her, and that he wasn't sure he'd ever love you." I knew I was stopping low telling her all of this, but she needed it through her head before she screws up for good. "Well then maybe he'll come home with me." She said stubbornly. Laughing I rolled my eyes, my wolf definitely coming out now. If she was going to be apart of my pack, best friend or not she wouldn't talk to me like that. "He's Beta, and that position means everything to him Jaxon is his brother, he's not going anywhere. He won't leave his pack, his family. Mate or not." My wolf growled out defending our pack. "Screw you." She said storming off. Throwing a finger her direction I made my way into the training area where I was supposed to be meeting Jaxon. He already knew my wolf was surfaced when I came in, he stood in a corner talking to Jonah but gave me a look as I walked his way. "What's wrong with you?" Jonah asked as I approached them. "Your stubborn headed sister thinks she's going to take away my Beta." She growled out as Jaxon pulled me into his arms. "If she thinks she's joining this pack she's going to learn her place." "What are you talking about? I thought everyone made up last night." He said confused. "She wants to move here, and I told her to make sure she thought it through. Then she brought up how Jaxon had messed up in the beginning too, of course I defended him because the situation was entirely different. Then she said that Luka would go home with her. I told her that his position means to much to him.. That the pack means everything to Luka he wouldn't leave. " I replied my wolf letting me have control now that we were in Jaxons arms. "How is she so willing to forgive him?" He ground out obviously upset about the entire thing as well. "He's her mate. Regardless of what he's done, she wants to believe things will work. Luka is a stubborn male, he's had feelings for this girl since before she'd turned, it will take him a while to get over her." Jaxon spoke. "Exactly. So why should she sit around and play perfect little mate when he's still in love with someone else." I said getting out of his grip and going to pick up some gloves. "Can we just practice? I'm done talking about this." Jaxon called over one of the younger wolves I'd practiced with before, I think his name was Josh. I needed to get this out of my system.

I'd avoided Melanie for the rest of the day I really didn't want to deal with this any longer, and when Luka showed up to diner without her I knew they weren't as close as she wished. And I'd even thought that she hadn't told him about our little fight until Jaxon and I were headed back up stairs and he stopped me. "Abi!" He called. I stopped, and turned around to see him walking up to me. "You're my Luna. That comes first to me before anything, okay?" He spoke, silently letting me know that he'd spoken with Mel about it all. "She may be my best friend, but that doesn't mean she gets away with talking to me the way she did. Especially about my pack." I said coldly. He nodded and Jaxon led me to our room. "You make me even more proud everyday you know that?" He said once we were alone. I looked at him with I'm sure a confused look on my face. "Do you remember when you said you weren't ready to be a Luna?" He asked and of course I nodded, I still didn't truly believe that I was ready. "That right there? The way you've been handling things, the way you say this is your pack? That alone lets me know that regardless if you believe it or not your wolf knows her place. She knows your place, she's helping you become the Luna I knew you'd be from the start."