Chapter Thirteen

I squealed in glee as I ran into my best friends arms, "Mel, what are you doing here?" I asked her excitedly. "Jaxon called and said he thought you needed some girl time, so here I am." She answered simply. As I pulled away I fully looked at her, "Your hair!" I hadn't been gone long and she looked like a different person. Her once long hair was now chopped off at her shoulders. She grinned, " I needed some change after you left, you like?" Melanie asked. I wiped a few stray tears, "I love it. I can't believe your here." I looked back at Jaxon who stood against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest watching us, "Thank you." I said walking over to him. He smiled, "You're welcome. I know things have been tough this week I wanted to make things better. I've got to go we've got a new lead on Alexis but you two have a good time okay? Jonah will be around if you need anything." I nodded as he kissed me, "You'll let me know as soon as you find out anything?" He'd been trying his hardest to keep me in the loop with everything going on. "Promise." He said before going over to Melanie. "Thank you for coming." She nodded. "Of course." After Jaxon was gone I hugged Melanie once again. "I'm so happy to see you." She said squeezing me, "We have so much to talk about." "How long are you staying?" I asked. "Mom and Dad said I could stay as long as I wanted as long as it was okay with you and Jaxon." I rolled my eyes, "Duh you can stay here. Leave your bags by the door I'll have someone come and put them away, I'm starving. We can have lunch and talk." Melanie and I made our way into the kitchen chatting about my old pack and what had been going on. "Jada this is my best friend Melanie, Mel this is Jada our chef." "It's a pleasure to meet you. Alpha Jaxon informed me of her arrival I've made a few things ahead." She said pulling out a big dish of  mac and cheese, along with small steaks with roasted potatoes. I sighed happily, I was so hungry and Jada made the best food. "You are amazing." I told her, she laughed it off and said she had some cleaning to do but to call for her if we needed anything. "Soo how are things?" Melanie asked. While we talked on the phone it was different than actually discussing things in person. "Better the past few days. I don't know things jut got really crazy way too fast. "  Mel took a bite of her mac and cheese, "What's up with this Alexis chick?" She asked. I hadn't told her much about the whole thing. "She's insane. Apparently she and Jax used to have some sort of fling and she has this delusion that she's going to be Luna. She met her mate and he's with some other girl and neither of them want each other so she told him to get rid of me and she'd leave them alone." I said eating, but it felt good to get it all off of my chest to her. "Holy hell. What kind of shit storm have you gotten yourself into Abs?" She asked. "I have no clue. But I mean Jaxon is doing his best ya know? He just has this really had time of letting me in sometimes and I know he's doing it all to protect me and I'm terrified of this whole Luna thing but he's got to learn that this is my pack too now. I want to help." I said pushing my plate away from me, suddenly i wasn't hungry anymore. While I knew he was doing this for me I knew I had to make him see what I felt.