Chapter Eleven

Jaxon's P.O.V.
I didn't want Abigail to have anything to do with Alexis, especially after their previous incident. I figured that was why she was doing this. She had always assumed that I would make her my Luna, no matter how many times I told her that our encounters meant nothing to me. We knew that the pack she was at were known as the Silverback pack, they were just an hour drive away from us. We hadn't figured out why Alexis he gone there but we knew that the man in the picture was her mate. Jonah had taken Abigail down to the kitchen for some lunch I knew she was angry with me but I was sworn to protect her. I planned on going and talking with her once I had spoken with Alexis. Once they had found her they had put her into a cell in the dungeon, as I opened the door that led to the stairs I could hear her screaming at the guards to let her free. But suddenly as if she knew what was best for her she kept her mouth shut she went quiet. Approaching her cell she starred at me. "Aren't you going to scream for me to let you go?" I questioned. "They're going to get her." Was all she said. My wolf growled at the thought, no one would hurt our mate. "Unless you make me you're Luna, as it should have been all along." She finished. Now I was confused and pissed. First of all that would never happen and second we knew that the man in the photo was her mate. As if reading my mind she spoke. "My mate has another woman. He doesn't want me and I don't want him. I want you I always have. That girl you call your mate will never be the Luna this pack needs. She growled her wolf coming out. I barked back at her. "Put you're teeth away pup. No one is touching my mate." She just shrugged, "I told him the only way I'd leave him and his lover alone was if he got rid of you're precious Abigail." I didn't understand why she was doing any of this and I wasn't sure why she didn't want her mate or why he didn't want her for that matter. The pull I felt for Abigail was nothing I had ever felt in my life. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. If that were to mean giving up my title I would do it in a heartbeat, without her mate Alexis would never understand what mates were willing to do for each other. "As I said no one will touch my mate." I told her finally. Linking with the guard I told him to give her another shot of wolfsbane, we had to keep her senses dulled so she wouldn't be able to connect with her mate and tell him what we were up to. I was done with her for now, I would find out what else we needed to do later, right now I needed to see my mate. My work wanting to make sure she was alright, I wanted to make sure she understood exactly why u didn't want her in the middle of this. Jonah was standing outside of our bedroom door. "She's asleep Alpha. We ate lunch and she said that she wanted a nap. She's very upset." I nodded, knowing that she was. "You can go on I'll be with her." I opened the door to see her laying on the bed not yet asleep but she was drifting. I sat down next to her my hand going to run her back. "I'm sorry princess. I didn't mean to say it like that you know I don't think you're a child i'm just worried about you." It was our job to protect her no matter what. I sighed. "We found out that Alexis has been visiting another pack, relaying confidential into them because she has found her mate. She's told them that I've found you and now they're coming for us." I sighed yet again. I wasn't sure what to do. I knew that Abi wanted to help me and I had promised she could it was just so hard for me to see her in remote danger. Slightly shaking her I woke her completely. I could tell just by looking at her that she was mad, her eyes glared at me. "You're angry." I stated. She scoffed at me, and went to turn around but I stopped her. "I'm sorry. You want to help, I know this but it's you they're after. I can't worry about you being even more in danger all because you want to help. I will always do what I think is best for you. Even if it makes you upset with me." I told her in complete honesty. "You called me a child." She said monotoned. I flinched at her tone, "I know and I'm sorry. You're not a child and I know that. My wolf was frustrated which was no excuse to talk to you that way. We just want you to be safe." My hand had unconsciously gone to stroke her cheek, her gaze on me had softened. "You can't always keep me safe. Anything could happen to me." She said anger now diminishing from the bond. I sat fully atop the bed pulling her torso to lay on my lap, my hands playing with her hair. "I know. But I'm always going to try my best. Which is why the pack is going on lockdown. You're not allowed to be alone." I told her sternly praying to the goddess that she wouldn't fight with me. I felt her tense as if she thought about if she thought about it, "Do you think I could call Melanie and my parents? I don't have a phone and I haven't talked to them since I got here. I've been meaning to ask you." Abi spoke softly, randomly asking me. Her breath was evening as she began to fall asleep again. I curse myself silently for not honking about this. "Of course." I found myself saying. As she drifted to sleep I thought to myself maybe I could do something even better.