56.

Elsa's P.O.V

1 MONTH LATER:

I sighed in relief as I heard the bell ring. I slowly raised from my chair alongside Jack, and started packing up my things until Ms.Belle tapped on the chalkboard.

"Elsa? Jack? Please stay back for a minute. I have to talk to you both."

The entire class turned to us in curiosity, and I semi-successfully managed to cover my eyes with my bangs to avoid any sort of eye-contact with anyone.

"What did we do wrong?" I whispered to Jack, who looked just as worried as me.

"I don't know," He said. "But whenever Ms.Belle calls someone out, it's usually not good."

I shuddered and waited for the entire class to leave until there were just the three of us.

"Come here you two, I'm not gonna bite!" Ms.Belle laughed.

That's what they all say.

"W-Why did you want to see us, Ms.Belle?" Jack asked.

"I understand that Jack has been unwell for the past few months," Ms.Belle started. "And I was just asking you both if you still want to continue the play?"

"Play?" We both said simultaneously. Ms.Belle raised her eyebrow.

"Did you two really forget about the end-of-semester play? The one that you both wrote together?"

Jack and I looked at each other in bewilderment, then turned to face Ms.Belle, who had a small frown on her face.

"Uhh, you see, Ms," I stuttered. "Jack and I have been a little...occupied for the past few months, with Jack being in the hospital and all, so we didn't really stop to think of the play, because we got so caught up in what we were doing."

She looked me in the eyes for a minute, until she looked back down to a sheet of paper on her desk. "Do you still want to do the play?" Ms.Belle asked. "I'll be happy to give you both bonus points if you do it."

I turned to look at Jack, and he gave me a slight nod, which I solemnly returned. I faced Ms.Belle again and smiled.

"We'll be glad too."

---TIME SKIP---

"Hey Els," Anna chirped, hauling herself up onto a thick branch. It had felt like ages since I last sat in our special little hideout, and though we didn't have a reason to stay in it now, we decided to keep it going for a few more months at least. Plus, we had Eragna now, since she joined the school the same day Jack and I came back, but unfortunately she wasn't present, saying she had something to do and toddled all the way back to school. I just gave her a suspicious look before heading to the others.

"Hey Anna," I grinned, stealing a gummy bear from Merida's packet. Punzie giggled but hid herself behind the massive chocolate-chip cookie she was devouring.

We're all so healthy, I know.

"HEY!" Merida yelled, grasping for the gummy bear, but immediately bounced back when she almost slid off of her branch. I smirked and popped the bear in my mouth, with a grumpy Merida glaring at me as she scoffed down the rest before I could steal any more.

"So Elsie," Anna said, a slight sly-undertone in her voice. I raised my eyebrow at her suspiciously.

"Yes?"

"Are you and Jack a thing now?" She asked, swinging her legs wildly. "Has he asked you to be his girlfriend yet?"

I almost choked on the lone gummy bear and quickly gulped it down. "What?!"