25.

Elsa's P.O.V

"So why did we have to do this again?" I asked as I hopped into Jack's car.

"Because," he said. "I told Maria, and also Kristoff said I had to."

"But Maria won't know we didn't have that study date!" I whined.

"Oh she will," he said. "She's got spies everywhere."

I shuddered at the thought of being watched with Jack, or even by myself!

"Plus," he added. "My Mum wants to meet you."

I threw him a puzzled look. "Why?"

"Apparently she was best friends with your Mom in high school."

Once I heard the word, 'Mum', I tried to blink back the tears that started to form, but one managed to escape and it trickled down my cheek and landed on my lap.

I guess Jack noticed and he placed a hand where the tear lay.

"Hey," he said comfortingly. "It's okay. It's not like your parent's death was your fault, okay?"

I hesitated for a moment. "Yeah. You're right." Guilt filled the inside of me and I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Aren't I always?" He said cockily.
I giggled. "Idiot."

Once we had arrived at his house, he parked he car and we both hopped out. We walked inside and I was instantly greeted by the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting through the air, and a middle-aged woman standing by the oven.

"Hey Mom," Jack said, placing his car keys on the table.

Mother?

The lady turned around to face us, and I was in shock that this was actually his mother! She had long, chocolate brown hair and  large hazel brown eyes. Basically she was the complete opposite of Jack!

"Hello dear!" She said, before glancing at me. "So would you mind introducing me to this beautiful young lady here?"

He coughed awkwardly and gently nudged me forward. I laughed nervously. "Mom, this is Elsa."

She squealed and ran up to me, embracing me in a hug.

"Elsa! Oh my goodness dear you've grown so much! The last time I saw you was when you were only a little baby! Well I definitely see Idun in you!" She looked at me sadly with sympathetic eyes. "I'm really sorry for what happened dear. Just know that it's not your fault and you could do nothing to prevent it. They are in a better place now. She let go from our embrace and she placed a hand on my shoulder.

If only she knew. If only everyone knew.

"Well," Jack said, interrupting our sentimental moment. "Elsa and I have to get to studying. We have a Geography test next Monday, and we can't let Mr.Lionheart down."

"Well, it was great meeting you Elsa, and I hope I can see you again."

I smiled weakly at her until a sudden burning smell filled the air.

"THE COOKIES!!!!!" Jack's Mum cried, before dashing towards the oven.

"Let's dash," Jack said, taking my hand.