38.

Elsa's P.O.V

I ran out of the gym, sobbing. I ran all the way across the yard and to the big oak tree that the girls and I sat on Everyday. I sat by the trunk and slid down, crying. How could Jack do that to me? I thought he was the one that could free me. That could thaw my Frozen Heart, but I Guess he was just a player after all. I can't go to school tomorrow. People would just laugh. They would say 'there's Jack's ex again, boy did she make a mistake.'

I felt frost surround me, covering the tips of the grass. My tears turned into drops of ice, shattering in the ground. No one will love me. No one could ever love this Monster.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I looked up to find Hiro. He looked worn out and his eyes were red and puffy, as if he'd been crying. I scrambled to my feet, hiding the frost with my cape and straightened my skirt.

"I-I'm fine, why did y-you ask?" I replied, my voice shaky.

He gave me a sympathetic smile. "Probably because your 'Boyfriend' embarrassed you in front of everyone in the gym. And also because you're covered in grape juice."

I laughed bitterly, glancing down at my ruined dress. "You got me. But why do you look so down?"

He sighed. "Your 'Boyfriend' ruined my Winter Formal. I've been planning it since the beginning of the school year. I gathered a team together to try and make it the best night of the year, but he ruined it. The stage is covered in grape juice, everyone is upset, nearly 3/4 of the people there have already left."

I felt bad for the guy, and my blood started to boil. Jack can mess with me, but he shouldn't involve other people in this 'game' that he has going on.

"Word's gone around saying that he made a bet with Eugene. $100 for being your Boyfriend. Another $100 for breaking your heart straight after."

It was like a stab to the heart. "So he bet on my heart for $200."

I said it so dangerously cold that I couldn't take the pain anymore. "THAT LYING, BACKSTABBING SON OF A BIT---"

"No need for the language," Hiro said, interrupting my episode. "Do you want to go back?"

I scoffed. "What do you think, genius?"

"Fine. I'm gonna go home myself then, want me to drive you as well?"

"No," I sighed. "It's fine, sorry for my attitude."

He smiled. "It's OK Elsa, I hope you feel better."

After he left, I rested my back against the tree trunk, and I started to think things out. I didn't know what to feel. Everything happened so fast. Should I be heartbroken? Should I be angry? Should I be happy? What happens if I see him again? Slap him? Punch him? Send him into a coma? It was like I had this bomb of stress that was growing in my stomach, and I didn't know what to do to diffuse it. Is this what true heartbreak feels like?

These thoughts clouded my mind, but then I felt a figure whizz past behind me. I turned around and found no one there.

Maybe it's just the wind.

I suddenly felt very cold, which was very rare for me. Since when did the cold bother me?

I should probably get back to Anna and the others. They might be worried.

But then, I felt one hand grab me stomach, clutching me and the other covering my mouth with a small, white cloth. It had a really weird scent to it...