23.

Jack's P.O.V

I parked my car beside my house, and was greeted at the door by my Mum, who was smirking at me with her arms folded.

"So," she asked. "How as your date?"

"It was ok," I shrugged walking past her and into the house.

"Come on Jackson," she said. "I'm your Mother, tell me about this date!"

"It was ok," I repeated, dumping my keys on the kitchen table. "We just went stargazing and stuff."

I heard my Mum squeal in excitement. "So who is this girl?"

"Her name's Elsa," I replied.

"Wait, you mean Elsa Winters?" She asked, coking her eyebrow.

I looked at her surprised. "How'd you know?"

"I was friends with her Mother, Idun back in high school!" She exclaimed. "I wonder if I could pay her a visit sometime!"

"Um, I don't think that's possible Mum," I said.

"Why not?" she replied, puzzled.

"Both her parents died on a cruise a few months ago."

My Mum stared at me in shock. "Really?!"

I nodded and said, "Yeah. Elsa was depressed about it too, but she's a whole lot better now."

"I'm sorry for the poor dear," she said. "Maybe I could go with you on your next date."

"Next Date?" I said.

"Yeah," she said, walking up to her room. "You can't break this one's heart Jack. This is my best friend's Daughter we're talking about!"

When she disappeared up the stairs, I sighed and looked back down at my phone, reading the messages I had sent to Eugene before the date.

What was I gonna do?

I shrugged to myself and slumped all the way up to my room. After changing into some pyjamas, I hopped into bed with my laptop and decided to go onto Instagram. After scrolling for a while, I suddenly noticed a specific profile in my recommended box.

Elsa_Winters24

Interested, I clicked on it and looked at her icon. It was her and Anna when they were younger, somewhere building snowmen. Luckily, her account wasn't private so I could look at her photos without actually following her, but hey, I'm no stalker. I'm researching. Difference. After scrolling for a while, I hit the bottom of the page and noticed her first Instagram picture was of her when she was younger and a boy with pitch black hair and weird gold- coloured eyes, and they were kissing underneath an umbrella with a sundae shared between then. Anger boiled in me, but this boy looked really familiar....

Shrugging it off, I switched off my phone, and crawled into bed, deciding to myself that I would ask Elsa tomorrow about that boy. You know, just to get confirmation that he wasn't her Boyfriend now...

For research.

Elsa's P.O.V

I was at my locker getting my books for my next class when I felt someone tugging at my sleeve. I turned around and found Anna clinging on to me, looking around as if someone was chasing her.

"Anna, what are you doing?!" I asked.

"I need your help," she said, her breathe shaking.

"What is it?"

"It's this creep that keeps following me around." Anna said. "Hans Isles."

I shuddered at the name. "You mean crazy, stalker-ish, creepy guy Hans Isles?"