Chapter 19: A Hot Mess

Leggings, a nice big grey sweater and my black boots. I curled my hair and had a neutral eye shadow, stack on my arm was different Alex and Ani bracelets. It was so nice not to rush off to the UC because today was the Hawks Family Skate for Christmas. I grabbed my hockey skates on the way out and placed them in the passenger seat next to me. They still had there old blue laces and broken skate guards on them.

"It's been a while" I mumbled to myself as I looked at them.

When I pulled up into the UC Patricks truck was parked next to my spot, he had officially moved it just so he could talk to me before I left for home everyday.

"Hey Hoss" I said as I entered the locker room

"Hey Alyssa, this is my wife Jana" She smiled and waved. I went out to see how preparation went along and when I came back most of the guys had shown up.

Sharp was here with Abby and there two kids, Shaw with his girlfriend, Hjalmarsson and Elina, Seabrooke and Dayan, Kieth and Kelly and whole bunch more. It was so adorable to see all this little kids running around the locker room as parents struggled to get them to sit still so they could put there skates on. I grabbed my personal skates and headed out to the bench while everyone stayed in the locker room.

I looked over the ice, you never get to appreciate its beauty when your playing on it, all your focusing on is scoring goals. Hard to imagine that I get to work for the hawks everyday and now I'm going to Sochi, something I had dreamed over forever. Going and playing in the Olympics are completely different things but just being there was an accomplishment on its own.

Suddenly my train of thought was broken when I felt arms around me. Jerking back I looked to see it was Patrick.

"I-I didn't mean to scare you" he laughed

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting that" I laughed, just than Jonny joined us.

"Are you going to go on the ice today?" he asked

"I actually am" Taken back my answer he didn't say another word as he laced on his skates.

By the time I was done lacing mine everyone was coming onto the ice. I took my step onto the ice without hesitation. After a lap Patrick caught up with me.

"Your a good skater" he laughed than suddenly turned his hip so he could skate backwards next to me. He than smirked. "Are you challenging me" I laughed, he than winked, turned his hips again and was off. It wasn't long before I got my skates moving and caught up to him than passed him. But I could see him in the reflection of the glass, he was catching up. I saw his hands open,he was gonna grab my hips and move me out of the way but I turned right out of his path, sending him flying forward. He than stopped his skates sending snow flying into to Sharps hair.

"Watch it you to!" He yelled than fixed his hair in the reflection of the glass.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch pretty boy" Jon laughed as he skated over to me.

"You get some insane speed"

"Thank you"

"Hey I let her out skate me!"

"Ya okay" laughed Andrew

"Fine than race me, three laps around the whole rink, and the last one you have to skate backwards" I leaned into his face to intimidate him "your on" I winked

We set up behind the goal post, everyone shifted to the benches.

"Three laps, last one backwards" said Shaw "First to finish winds, ready.... Steady.... GO!"

Patrick and I were off, neck and neck. Once we passed the second lab I was able to get more speed with a quick turn around the net, but Patrick was still close behind. I could see Patrick next to me as we both raced to the net.