Chapter 8: A Chance?

It was hospital visiting day and I was super excited. I had a bag filled with little bears wearing a hawks jersey to give to the kids. I had my hair down, blue jeans and grey uggs with my Kane hoodie on. Dress code was casual today which made the day even more enjoyable. All the guys and few staff members met at the UC and boarded the team bus. I sat in the front next to my co-worker Riley. Patrick border the bus and I could feel him look at me as he walked over to his seat. We haven't talked at all, all week. I kind of felt bad especially because he's been in a scoring slump to. He seems to be going through a lot right now. He really needs to turn it around so he can make it to the Olympics. Crazy to think there in February which is isn't to far away. We arrived at the hospital and were snuck in through the back. Before we left to visit kids players got assigned to groups so we could visit as many kids as possible.

My group was Sharpy, Kane, Shaw, Hossa, Crawford and Leddy.

We came to our first room that was a 5 year old boy with a tumor. It broke my heart to see kids like this. No one should have I suffer, but especially not them. He had hazel eyes and blonde hair. I knocked on the door frame and the parents eyes gazed up at me.

"Can I talk to you real quick"

"Sure" said the mother

"Im actually here with the hawks origination and we were wondering if you'd like to meet some players"

"Oh my god of course, our son is a huge fan!"

I singled the boys to come in and the little boy's eyes became wide as he gazed at the players. Shaw walked over, greeted him and asked him for his name.

"I'm Anthony" said the little boy

"And your Andrew and thats Patrick and that's Hossa and that's Sharpy and thes Crawford and that Kris.... And that's a pretty lady" he said pointing to me. I couldn't help but blush when he called me pretty

"Well we don't need to introduce ourselves I see. We thought we could come visit and cheer you up" I said smiling as I took a seat next to him. He moved close to me and was mesmerized by the players. I have to say I was to, the guys were a lot bigger than what they seemed on tv.

"Can I sit on your lap?" he said looking at me

"Of course" I picked up and placed him on my lap and we all spent 20 minutes just talking and playing games. He really enjoyed the guys company. The guys signed a few things before we headed onto the next family.

"Bye Anthony" they all said giving him a hug before heading out to the hall. I was last in the room and Anthony came running up to me and hugged me tight.

He motioned for me to bend down and he whispered in my ear "your my favorite" he said

I whispered back in his year "your my favorite to" and than left and regrouped with the guys in the hallway. The rest of the day went great, kids and families really liked the hawks. It felt so good to be making people smile, especially in this situation. Before we headed out we had all the families that we didn't meet come out to the lobby and the kids had Q&A time with the hawks. We wrapped up the day with that, I was packing up my bag while all the guys were heading out to the bus. I was the last person on the bus and there was only one seat left next to Kane. A smirk was on Johnny's face as I walked past him, somehow I think they planned it. I took a seat next to Patrick, pulled out my earbud and put them in my ears and played some music.

----Patrick's POV

"Johnny you got to help me" I said while we bordered the bus

"Dude, I already helped you change over her job, what more do you want?"