Chapter 21: Drunk And Stupid

It was a rather lazy day, I was on my sofa getting ready to watch the winter classic. I loved games like this, it brought hockey back to its routes but right now I was really watching to hear USA's rosters. Once Patrick makes it I know we would be taking on a lot of extra work to prepare all our Olympians. When they did announce the roster I was happy yet sad, unfortunately Saad and Leddy didn't find their way onto the list.

I knew they had star pottientioal, especially after having won the Stanley Cup but somehow they just didn't make the cut. As for the women's team I was so happy, especially because Hilary Night made it. I've watched her grow as a hockey player and she amazes me every time she's on the ice, plus she's so beautiful.

*

"I can't believe your leaving for Russia in two weeks" laughed Natalie as she placed a pile of my shirts into my black luggage that was lying open on the floor. I was sitting on my bed, feet dangling as I laughed "It's kinda crazy"

"We should do something, ya know? like before you leave"

"How about tomorrow, it's Friday after all and I don't have to go in on Saturday"

"Sounds like a plan than"

"I know where to go to, the hawks are all going to be at a club a little outside Chicago"

"Than we'll just have to stop by" snickered Natalie

I did want to have a day out plus I wouldn't mind 'dropping' in on Patrick. None of us talked about our New Years kiss, he hadn't even told Jonny and I didn't tell Natalie. As much as my feelings for Patrick were developing I wasn't going to get my hopes up nor try anything. Patrick was a great person but as of now and the place I'm in I just couldn't think of a relationship. I had a lot on my plate these past weeks, from my nephew all the way to the lease on the apartment being up.

The worst about moving is I would be moving in by myself, Natalie would be settling in with her boyfriend. She was helping me look for a new apartment, I needed something spacious. I think I found a place that was close to the UC and reasonably priced.

*

"Turn down for what?!" Screamed Natalie as she ran into my room

"You act as if we haven't gone out in forever" I laughed

"It's been a few months" she laughed

"And your not turning up because your the designated driver" I laughed as I applied my eyeshadow in the mirror.

"Ugh I know, but damn where did you get that dress"

"This thing?" I said as I looked down at my black bodycon dress that had a slash a little bit above my boob.

"I think forever 21 or Mandees"

"Makes your ass look good"

"You need to shut up"

When we arrived at the club, I already saw a few familiar cars parked outside, all belonging to blackhawk players.

"Do you think he's here?" Natalie said as she held the door open for me

"Right there" I smirked

"I don't wanna leave to late!" She exclaimed as she walked to the other direction.

I was happy to not have to worry about driving home or work the next day, I finally got to let loose tonight. I avoided the hawks and headed over to the bar and ordered a martini. Taking a seat on the bar seat, I took sip of the drink and ordered a shot. I quickly downed that, making me feel a little woosy.

"Alyssa?" I herd a voice call, turning I saw Patrick

"It's me" I giggled

"What are you doing here?"

"Just came to have a drink, who else is here?"

"The guys except Jonny, he doesn't like going out during playoffs"

"Makes sense, here sit" I said as I patted the seat next to me.

Patrick ordered a bear and a shot, he quickly downed both.

"Something wrong? Your drinking an awful lot" I said as I slurred my words, I had had a lot to drink

"Nothing, just stressed. Hey yo bartender let me get two shots" Once he got them he slid one over to me, we downed them together.

As we sat there drinking a bottle of beer, a couple dub step remixes came on.

"Let's go dance" I said as I pulled Patrick, causing him to drop his drink. I would so pay for all this tomorrow morning.

It was 2 in the morning, the club still going strong along with the drinks. Natalie had left, I told her I would call when I needed a ride I was having way to much fun with Patrick. But in the wee hours of the night things started turning serious. They say drunken words are sober thoughts, and all the things Patrick wanted to do to my body came out, so did mine.

"Alyssa" he moaned my name into my ear as we grinded on the dance floor.

I had lost control of my body, my drunken brain had wanted him so bad, even more than the night on thanksgiving. Before I knew it I was being slammed onto the bed, my hand gripping the bed sheets as Patrick moaned into my ear. White sheets and sweaty bodies, I had just done the unthinkable with Patrick.

As soon as we were done I started regaining some of my brain, just enough to realize what I had done. I quickly collected my stuff and left, leaving drunk naked Patrick alone.

I stumbled into my apartment where a groggy Natalie walked into the living room.

"Where the hell where you"

"Shut up!" I yelled with my drunken mind

*

I woke up with droll on my face and massive headache. The first thing I did was run from my room to the bathroom, there went last nights dinner. I looked into the mirror, a sweaty face with mascara smeared reflection was all I could see.

"What happened last night?" I mumbled to myself as I examined a new bruise found on my forehead

"Your drunk ass fell on the floor last night" said Natalie as she walked into the bathroom

"Huh?"

"Remember we went out for drinks, you didn't come back till like 4 in the morning"

"How much did I drink? my head is spinning"

"Here take this" she said as she handed me an asprin, never had I even more hungover.

*

One day till I left for Sochi, I still struggled to remember anything that happened that night at the bar. All the guys acted completely normal, even Patrick. No one said a word about that night either, and norther did I.

"I fucking hate my period" whined Natalie as she walked into my room while I was finishing up packing. I had realized something, I still haven't gotten my period, I was over a week late.

"That reminds me, I have to go pick up something" I said and quickly left for CVS. On the ride over their I began getting flashbacks, all they consisted of was white sheets and glimpses of Patrick's face. I quickly ran into the store and purchased a pregnancy test.

I stood in the bathroom shaking as I opened up the box. I was home alone as I quickly did the test, I now had to wait. I sat on the toilet cover weeping as I waited. Did I really just screw up my life?

Just than I received the answer, it was confirmed, I was pregnant with Patrick's baby.