Chapter 2: Clues

Patricks POV

I said goodbye to Johnny and after he left some girl had bumped into me. Something didn't feel right, I could tell she was gonna be in danger if I left her.
I brought her inside to the comfort of my home. She was timid and nervous, I felt the need to protect her. Once we got inside and into the light I saw a cut above her eye. If I didn't clean it up I think it would've gotten infected.

She was a beautiful girl, brown wavy hair, green eyes and a pretty smile. When I was looking at her, I felt like I've met her before. I couldn't put my tongue on it but it felt like I've met her before. I shook it off and headed for bed because I had an early morning practice. Before I went to sleep I pulled out my phone and saw Shaw texted me asking what time morning skate was.

I texted him back than locked my phone. I stared at my lock screen, it was a picture of me and a girl I met around 4 years ago. It was kinda crazy how it happened. The hawks wanted to get a fan involved and they picked a girl with dark brown hair and green eyes. She was absolutely stunning, but thanks to Johnny I let her get away.

I felt something for the short time I had to talk to her. After the game that night I was gonna ask if she wanted to go grab dinner but Johnny got in the way and talked to her almost all night. And I've never seen her since. When we were a taking pictures with her, I got one on my phone and kept it ever since.
Every night I look at and pray id find her oneday.
I still give Johnny crap about it. I've tried going out with other girls but nothing felt the same as when I met her. I shut off my phone and pulled the cover over me.

*
Alyssa's POV

I must've woke up 4 times last night with the same nightmare of David. I finally got up around 9ish. I tied my hair up and walked out to the kitchen where Patrick was cooking something. I had a pounding headache and a bruise on my arm from when I fell.
"Goodmorning, want some pancakes?"
"I don't know, I think I'm gonna head home, but thank you for letting me stay"
"Your not going anywhere, sit and eat. We'll figure out how to get you home later"
I took a seat and began rubbing
my temples, boy was my head pounding.
"You want some advil, you look like your in pain?"
"That would be great" I sighed

He handed me two capsules and a water and I swallowed them. He took a seat next to me and we began eating the pancakes he had made.
"So can you explain to me why you were in the middle of Chicago so late at night?"
"Id uh rather not, it's a bit personal"
"Okay, fine with me"

We ate quietly and I thanked him and told him I would be on my way. But he insisted he would take me home, after I came to the hawks morning practice.
I headed to my room to change and put on the jeans I had on from last night and that's when I noticed the blood stain on my shirt from the cut above my eye.
Hey Patrick?" I called from my room
"Yea?"
"Do you think I could borrow a hoodie or shirt?"
"Yea hold on"

He came back with a hawks hoodie and a girls shirt.
"Here it's my sister shirt and you look about the same size as her"
"Thanks"
I closed the door and slipped the shirt on and the hoodie over it. I folded my old shirt and stuffed it in my bag. Than I folded the clothes I slept in and placed them on the neatly made bed.
My headache had started to go away,
I wanted to call my sister to tell her where I was but my phone was broken and it was no use.

"Hey ready to go?"
"Yea just give me a minute"
I walked over to the mirror and took out the little makeup bag I had. I put coverup over the cut and blended it so it's wasn't noticeable.
"All ready to go"
"Alright come on"
He walked me out the car and opened the door for me. We took off for the Untied Center.

"So uh tell me about yourself" he asked trying to make it less akward, which didn't really help.
"Well what do you wanna know?" I questioned
"Hmm since were going to the rink, do you like hockey?"
"Uh yea, I played a bit when I was younger. I've been to a couple hawks games before"
"Whose your favorite player?"
"Well Patrick Sharp always caught my eye but I happen to have your jersey"
"Oh really, well I'm honored" he chuckled