Chapter 12: Got to get closer

The next few days at work we're hard and tiring but it was well worth it. I managed to avoid Patrick for 3 days and got a pop in from Jonny everyone once and while. It was fun talking to him, I felt comfortable, something I hadn't felt with someone in a long time. He never questioned about Patrick or anything like that, we talked like any normal friends would.

But after avoiding Patrick for 3 days straight I had to go down to the locker rooms to set up something for a charity event. Tomorrow we would be having 2 kids from the make a wish foundation come and skate with the hawks at there practice. I didn't want to go down to the lockeroom but I knew I had to. I played with my fingers as I walked downstairs. I smiled at Shaw as he walked by without his shirt on and than waved at Hossa to. I reached one of the storage rooms and and flicked the light on. I began pulling the hawks banners and streamers from a box. I threw them over my arm and walked to the entrance of the locker room. I found a latter and tape and began tapping a few steamers from the door, something a little festive for the kids.

After that was done I pulled out my phone and saw the size shoe each kid was and how tall they were. I went to the stick room where one of the equipment employes was organizing the sticks.
"Hey mark do you think you could get me 2 sticks? One for someone 4' and the other 4'2."
"Yea is it for the kids coming tomorrow?"
"Yea and I also need skates size 1"
"Alright I'll send them to your office by the morning"
"Your the best"

I headed up to my office were I was scared to death by a surprise visit from Patrick.
"Get out " I said avoiding eye contact and pointing towards the door. He got up off my chair and made his over to me.
"I don't want to talk to you"
"Please, there's so much explaining to do"
"I don't want to here it, if your gonna apologize I don't care. There's nothing for you to say, forget Friday forget everything"
"Can't believe this is coming from the same girl who cared so much about me when we were in buffalo"
"Can't believe this is the same guy who told Jonny that I was "different and special"but hooked up with a hoe friday"
"She didn't mean shit"
"Patrick I don't care what you do! Your single and were not together, you don't need to apologize or explain anything"
"But you do" he mumbled as he turned toward the door
"What was that? What do I have to explain?"
"These" he said holding up my bottle of pills. My heart sank to my stomach as I watched the bottle swing in front of my face.

I quickly snatched it from his and stuffed it in my purse.
"Listen Patrick Timmothy Kane, your pushing your nose we're is doesn't belong so you need to back off" I said getting in his face
"Why tho? we can't we talk?"
"Patrick you need to leave, I can't believe you went through my stuff"
"Fine whatever" he said slamming the door.

I fell onto my sofa sobbing. I pulled out the bottle and threw it across the room.
"If he only knew, than he'd leave me alone" I mumbled. It took all my strength to finish the day.

*
"hey Natalie can you answer that?" I said pulling my hair into bun
"Sure" she said from the other room
"Uh Lyss can you come here?" she called back
I walked to the living room where Jonny was standing in the door way.
"Wanna explain?" Natalie mumbled
"Jon what are you doing here?"
"Can we talk?"

I awkwardly walked past Natalie and outside with Jonny.
"Can you explain this?" he asked showing me a picture of my pill bottle
"Patrick sent you that didn't he?"
"He did and I want answers"
"Jon please drop it, I'm fine"
"No your not" he said using his captain voice
"Look" I pulled the sleeves of my sweater up, revealing my wrists
"I'm fine"
"Than why do you take them?"
"I've taken them for 3 years now okay? that's all you need to know, your not even suppose to know about it and Patrick is lucky I don't report him"
"Alyssa please promise me that if anything bothers you you'll talk to me? My friend took these too, she's not here anymore"
"Jon I promise I'm fine, I won't hurt myself... There's just so much you don't know right now"
"Alright we'll promise you'll talk to me?"
"I promise"