Chapter 14: Push it

It was finally the day after Alyssa's day off. I walked into the UC, flicking I the lights I watched as they lit up the ice. It was an off day for the hawks, no morning practice at least. I patiently waited at the bench for Jon to show up.

"Patrick you here?" I herd someone call from the tunnel

"Yea" I yelled back

I watched as Jon came in from the tunnel and say next to me on the bench.

"What time will she be here?"

"She'll be here a bit late because were off"

"And you left the skates in her office?"

"Yep right on the desk"

"What if there not the right size?"

"They are, Erika told me"

"She should be in soon, let's head into the back room"

------Alyssa's POV

After yesterday's day off it was nice to get back to work even if nothing exciting would happen today. The hawks had off so that meant there was no morning skate to watch. It was personally my favorite thing to do at work but it wouldn't happen. I walked into the UC, said good morning to the receptionist and than headed into my office. I unlocked the door and walked in, walking over to my desk I noticed a pair of skates on the desk. I looked around for an explanation of where they came from but I found nothing. I picked up the skates and left them next to the desk as I began finishing up some paperwork. Around 12 I decided I would take a break instead of lunch. Before leaving my office I picked up the skates and walked to seats of the UC. I overlooked the ice that was un occupied, I hated when the UC was empty like this, I loved seeing the guys out for morning skate but they had today off,which meant the locker room was completely empty. A smirked crawled onto my face as I walked down to the locker rooms. I scooped out all the rooms making sure no one was here, when the coast was clear I headed out to the hawks bench. I removed my boots and changed them out for the skates.

It had been so long since I wore skates, I missed it terribly. I missed the way the ice felt underneath your feet when it was freshly cut, I just missed it all. After I laced up my skates I walked over to the sticks in the tunnel, I picked our Patricks stick because it was one of the smaller one's that I could use. I brought the stick out to the bench, unlatched the bench door and gazed down at the ice. My hand clamped onto the wall as I placed my feet on the ice, causing chills up my spine. I closed my eyes and began moving my feet, gliding on the ice. I began to get comfortable as I began digging my blades into the ice shooting me forward. I picked up speed as I began skating circles around the ice, I than turned my hip quickly began making c cuts with my skates sending be backwards. I was a bit wobbly, I didn't expect less, it has been 7 years since I stepped on the ice. I made my way to the bench and grabbed the stick and a puck. I lined the puck up on the goalie line and went coast to coast, wristing the puck top shelf, one of my favorite moves. After I just began playing around like if it was an old game of street hockey. I picked the puck up and began juggling and defying gravity as I spun in circles keeping it on my stick.

I missed the feeling of playing so bad, but I had a good reason to stop. I quit right after my parents passed, I couldn't deal with the fact that every time I played my dad wouldn't be in his usual seat cheering me on. My dad was my biggest supporter, he never ever missed a single game of mine, to the point where he had his usual seat during games. My mother was a big supporter to, she was actually talking to a whole bunch of scouts before she passed. My parents and scouts both believed I had what it took to make it onto the US womens team, in fact I got contacted by them multiple times after their passing but turned down each offer.