Chapter 25: Give It A Try

Today could possibly be the worst day ever, see I just got the kings schedule and I'm working the night they play the hawks. I also have to work the weight room since it's open to the hawks players at a certain time. How was I going to avoid any of the hawks?

I got dressed for work, putting on my trainer suit and pulling my hair back into a loose pony tail.
"Fuck my life" I said to myself as I looked at my reflection. I quickly finished up getting ready than made my way outside, my grass was finally cut and I could now see what was a pool in my backyard. Luckily the only thing I really needed now was to get furniture because I had finished painting all the rooms.

The ride over to the Staples Center was hell, if there's one thing I hated about LA it was their traffic. Once I arrived I was quickly relieved to see the hawks bus hadn't arrived yet. I made my way to the work out room where Kopitar and Martinez were waiting for me.
"Hey Alyssa" they said as I walked in
"You guys ready? Small workout today tho, you guys have a game tonight" I smiled. I got the guys set up on the elliptical than we continued with pregame workouts.

Once the guys were done I snuck out to the arena where I found a seat up high. I couldn't help myself, I missed watching the hawks morning skate. So I found myself gazing at them as they began running drills. Once they wrapped up practice I was back downstairs in the workout room, I didn't know if any of the hawks players would be coming in.

Since I was alone I figured I would get in some good box jumps. I stacked the boxes up and began jumping. As I landed back down on the ground I herd the door swing open than slam close.
"Hello?" called out a voice
"In here"I called back, in came Saad.
"Alyssa?" He looked bewildered
"Hey saad" I said shyly
"This is where you ended up? This is why you haven't been at morning skate?" He said as he stared at my kings uniform
"Yea, I needed to leave"
"But the kings? How could you leave without telling anyone?"
"I just did, your the only one who knows I'm here"
"What are you doing for the kings now?"
"Assistant strength and conditioning trainer"
"Well than uh could you help me?" He asked
"Sure wha-" he cut me off "I have to grab uh water, I forgot it" he than scrambled out of the room.

I waited on the bench for someone to return, finally the door swung open again.
"Saad?"
"Think again" I herd Patricks cold voice, it sent shivers down my spine
"What are you doing here?" I said as I looked at Patrick, dark circles had formed under his eyes, he must have not been getting a lot of sleep.

"Huh" he grunted "I think I should be asking you the same thing"
"Did Saad tell you I was in here?"
"No, i called your boss and he told me you were here" he than crossed his arms
"Yep I am, I'm back home"
"Funny how you can just pick up and leave"
"I did" I snapped back

"You know Alyssa, I tried everything and you keep pushing me away, how could you be so mad at me?"
"Everything really? Patrick you know nothing about me to even try anything!Im such a monster and you wouldn't know because I bottle it up all inside! okay! I keep everything inside and no one knows!" I was about to cry
"So why do you push me away?"
"Because Patrick, I've never had someone try and help me or try to get close to me like you have. But you know what your problem is Patrick? Your a spoiled brat, because if you can't have what you want right away you give up. How can I trust someone I know will just give up? Patrick I'm not easy, I'm the biggest pain in the ass and I'm gonna push you away a lot but you can't just leave. I need someone whose willing to keep at me, even when I close myself off"

"I'm willing to do that, Alyssa would I have come all this way to find you?"
"You had a game, and Patrick I don't know if you are. When I lost the baby, I almost lost myself. I'm back on my medication and I figured if I moved out to LA things would get better but now your here"
"Alyssa I'm here because I want to help. You don't realize but me being a pain in your ass sometimes is actually me caring, like when I agreed to be your boyfriend that day... I did that because I figured id get to feel what it would be like to have you as mine.
Alyssa I'm stupid, so, so stupid, but not stupid enough to let you leave"

His blue eyes filled with sorrow, I knew he genuinely meant his apology. I got flashbacks of the first time we met, the first time his baby blue eyes laid on me. I remember the chills I got when he touched my hand and the way he smirked when he flirted.

"Please Alyssa, give me the chance" he snapped me out of my daze
"I - I -I" i stuttered
"This can work but you need to open up alittle, and I need to stop being and egotistical prick" he mocked, causing me to laughed
"maybe this could work"

Just than a random outburst from Jon as he walked into the room.
"Would you two just hug already" he laughed. Patrick's arms wrapped around my body and the side of my face pressed against his chest, letting me listen to the beat of his heart.

"Patrick?" I whispered
"Yea?" he looked down at me
"I can't come back to Chicago"
"Yes you can, I can get you a job transfer"
"But I don't want to do what I was doing in chicago, I wanna do what in doing now" I said as I looked down at my trainers suit
"It's gonna work out" he smiled