Chapter 39: The Shirt

"Babe are you okay?" Patrick says comforting me as I made my way out of the bathroom after emptying tonight's dinner into the toilet bowl.

"I'm fine" I shutter as I look over at the lingerie

"Is it this stuff?" He says as places them back in the bag

"I'm just going to bed"

"If it makes you uncomfortable I won't bring it up again I'm sorry"

"Patrick please, I have a headache"

*

"Is your attitude fit over?" Mumbles Patrick as he moves our luggage

"I'm sorry about last night" i sigh

"It's whatever"

"No Pat, I didn't feel comfortable with all that lingerie... David use to make me dress up for him and play his little sex toy and I looked at all of lingerie.... I just got flashbacks"

"Alyssa I'm sorry I went to far"

"But I love the PINK underwear I'll defiantly keep it" I smirk at him

"Okay, let's hurry up we got a plane to catch" he than kisses my forehead and goes back to packing

*

It was the first home game of the season and Pat was up early for morning skate. He left with his father and I went up to his apartment to make breakfast for his mom and sisters. Luckily for me I didn't have to work at morning skate which was wonderful because it meant an extra hour of sleep.

"How did you get in?" Asks Donna as she takes a seat at the island with a Blackhawks fleece blanket around her. "i have the key"

"My brother should've cooked breakfast" chuckles Erika

"Do you really want his cooking?" I cock an eyebrow

"True"

"Plus he doesn't ever go food shopping, this is all my food except the orange juice" I laugh

"Alyssa I'll make sure to give you money" says Donna

"No no, I make pat breakfast all the time this is fine. I'm just so glad you guys get to be here, Pat seems to be at his happiest with you guys are here" I smile "A few weeks ago at NHL media week he couldn't have been happier to be with his dad"

"How's is knee coming along?" questions Jackie

"He complains a bit and were stil continuing to do physical therapy but he refuses to wear the brace when were home"

"He needs to heel"

"Tell your brother that" I laugh "What are you guys wearing to the game?"

"Just some blackhawk shirts Pat got us from the nhl store" says Jessica while she takes a bite of her toast

"I heard he got you guys stuff"

"He didn't get you anything?" My mind flashes back to that night in Dallas almost a week and half ago and I instantly get sick.

I swallow hard move my fork around my scrambled eggs "no he was uh able to get me a jersey from the hawks store in Chicago...Nothing from New York" I fake smile

"So how about shopping today?" suggests Donna

"I'm down, i have to be at the UC at 5 tho"

"That's plenty of time!" she smiles.

Once breakfast is done we get ready and spend the day out in Chicago. I loved Pat's family, they are such a joy to be around. Once we were done buying a whole bunch of new clothes we went back to the UC.

"Hey babe" smiles Pat as I enter the work out room

"You ready for tonight?"

"As ready as I'll ever be"

"Alright where gonna get you in the water treadmill so go with Andy"

"Your not going it with me?"

"Can't I'm gonna be working with Toews and Sadder" I frown

"You know you should really be working with me" he says as he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. He stares down at my lips than pulls my chin up and begins kissing me. I kiss back hungry for more so he deepens the kiss. Before I know it I'm up against the wall lost in the smell of Pat's colonge. I let at small moans as he begins giving me hickeys all along my neck. I feel his hand start heading up my shirt and that's when I snap out of daze.

"Pat" I say breaking this kiss but he continues "Pat.. Stop" I say breathless

"Not here, security sees us"

"Than tonight?"

"Your family is here " I smirk

"Ugh" he moans than grabs his bag and leaves. I get started with Toews on jumping boxes and Sadder on the elliptical.

"Light work boys, I can't tire you out for tonight"

"Were gonna get this win" says Shawzy as he walks in freshly shaven

"Look the mutt doesn't have a stash!" teases Sadder

"Shut up manchild!"

The game was indeed stressful and even more stressful when your watching it in the small back room on the projector. I was standing in the tunnel when Pat came wobbling down after taking a hit.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I help him to the locker room

"Yea yea, just some pain in my knee" he sighs "and my skate is acting weird

I'm about to remove his knee pad when he jerks and pushes me off.

"Pat let me help, the brace probably needs to be fixed"

"I'm... Not wearing the brace"

"Pat!" I yell

"It's uncomfortable!"

"Your gonna risk a fucking injury because your brace is uncomfortable? Are you stupid" he just gives me a look and I leave the team doctor to deal with him and hand his skate to the equipment staff.

Later that night after the win, Pats family went to sleep and we were sitting on the couch. Pat tried kissing me but I shoved him off, I was so mad at him.

"Why are you so mad at me?" he mumbles

"Pat you could've gotten injured bad"

"I know I'm stupid"

"You work so hard to be where you are... you do realize that you could be risking your whole career doing stupid things like that?"

"I know I'm stupid" he puts a puppy face and I can't deny those blue puppy eyes. I kiss him gently and before I know it his hand his heading back I on shirt and I push him off again. I awkwardly get up and head for the door.

"I'm gonna turn in for the night" I say awkwardly as I scratch the back of my head

"I'm uh sorry babe"

"It's okay"