Chapter 24: "This Is Gonna Work"

Beautiful sunny LA, just how I remembered it. My plane had just touched down in at the airport, as I departed from the plane a man in a nice suit stood there with a sign that red "Alyssa Thompson"
"Right here" I smiled as I walked over to him
"Shall we get your bags?" he smiled, I nodded yes. He followed me to the conveyer belt where I quickly found my luggage.

As we stepped outside I took a second to smell the amazing LA air, there was nothing like it. I followed closely behind my taxi service man where he led me to the black car, most people would've take the normal taxi but I needed to treat myself.

The ride over to the house was quiet, I stared out the window and took in all the families surroundings. I just loved it here, but I already missed Chicago. The car pulled up to big black iron gates, I could only imagine the last time they were opened.
"Thank you so much" I said to the man as I rolled my luggage onto the sidewalk. I handed him his tip and he was on his way.

The lawn was overgrown and infested with weeds, maintenance on the house was much needed. I followed the brick pathway up to the house, some bricks were completely cracked in half. I walked up the creaky stairs and onto the porch. The house had beautiful windows just like I remembered when my father showed me. I took out my key and struggled to open the big brown doors. Once they were opened I walked into the house which was in good conditon.

The house was completely empty, furnisher was going to be a project and a half. I set my key down on the floor next to my bag than walked up the grand stair case to upstairs. 4 rooms, two of them master bedroom with their own bathrooms, and 2 small guest room with its shared bathroom. I walked down stairs where they're were two rooms connected on the left, a living room and a potential game room.
The other rooms on my right were a dinning room that led into the big kitchen. From the back of the "Game room" was another small rooms with many windows, the sun room. It was closed off my it's own set of doors, everything else was open.

The shipment of my stuff would be here tomorrow so I had to kill the rest of today. I changed into shorts and a tanktop than took my luggage with me. My car rental place left the car for me on the driveway, a small little honda till I could bring over my car. The keys were left in the safety box that was in the spacious back yard, I must've owned at least 8 acres of land. I took a drive down to the hotel I was staying at for the weekend.

* I had gotten up early and dressed in a cute white blouse that tucked into my black skirt. My black pumps were comfortable enough to walk around the Staples center for my interview. I was terribly nervous, I needed to land this job. I had skipped the buffet breakfast this morning just so I could make it to the interview on time. Patiently I waited outside the office.
"Alyssa?" questioned a lady with her blonde hair pulled into a bun and stunning blue eyes that reminded me of Patrick.

Patrick, how was he doing? It had been a day since I left, I wonder who he told. I wonder how Jon was, I wondered how everyone would take the news. None of them probably cared anyway.
"Alyssa?" the girl said again snapping me out of my daze
"I'm sorry" I apologized with a smile
"Follow me" she said

The interview was simple and quick, if I got the job I would get phone call within two days. I headed back to the house and waited for the box truck to arrive.

*Patrick's POV*
"Jon! Jon!" I yelled frantically as I ran through the hallways
"What?" I herd him shout back
"Alyssa" I barely got out, I was out of breath from running.
"What about her?"
"She's gone"
"What do you mean?"
"She just left"
"Patrick use your grownup words" Jon said sarcastically
"She left" I cried, I could no longer hold any tears
"I don't know where she went but she's gone, packed up and left... The pregnancy.." I took a deep breath and struggled to let out my last word "miscarriage"
"Patrick no! That can't be!"
"It's is" I weeped as I fell to the floor, I couldn't help but feel as if it was my fault