Chapter 6: Ending A Chapter

"Hello? Um yea I just got into a car accident and hit a man..... Were gonna need an ambulance" he sighed into the phone

Patrick bent down and tried to find a pulse on David

"Uh yea he's still has a pulse but is unresponsive. Uh 126 Rigewood Drive"

My hand was over my mouth as I looked at David. My stomach began to turn as I looked at him. I redirected my eyes towards Patrick who was standing there pale as a ghost.

"Patrick" I mumbled

"I didn't even see him" he said with a shaky voice

"Patrick, it's not you fault" i said while walking towards him

David began to regain consciousness and I told him to lie still because I herd the sound of sirens getting louder. Patrick and I stood there in silence as we waited for the cops to arrive. They got to the scene quick and the ambulance gave all their attention to David. They got him up on the stretcher and quickly loaded him into the ambulance. The ambulance quickly headed out to the hospital and one of the cops asked for Patrick to park his car and for me to get into the police car. After Patrick parked the car he joined me in the back seat. The cop got in the car and told us we would have to come down to the station for some questioning.

The police station wasn't far away and the cop brought into his office to ask about questions.

"Here take a seat" he said pulling the seat out from under the desk

"I wanna make this short and to the point, I need both your side of the story, answer my questions directly and we can be done. Who was driving?"

"I was" said patrick

"And how are you involved?"

"I was in David's car, the man who got his"

"Where were you going Mr.Kane?"

"I was going to drop her phone off at her house"

"And you had the phone?"

"Uh yes she left it in my car earlier"

"Alright now one at a time tell me exactly what happened" he said while turning on the recorder. I decided I would tell the story first

"David had come to my house, I don't know why but he pulled up as soon as I had reached my house. He asked me if I would go with him somewhere, I don't know where but I obliged to go with him. When I got in the car I had realized I needed my purse that was in my house and he took my keys and crossed the street to get it. As he was coming back he dropped my bag and bent down to grab. Patrick came down the street and the next thing I knew David had been hit"

"Now you Mr.Kane"

"I was heading to Alyssa's to drop of her phone that she had left in my car from earlier and I was coming down the street and suddenly I hit David. I saw him last minute and tried to hit my brakes but it was to late"

*

We finished up with the cops and Patrick had to call his lawyer so we could start to get everything settled. They had taken David to the same hospitals my sister was staying at. Before we left I was able to get my purse back and Patrick got his car. We both decided to go see David and took Patricks car.

"You know David?"

"Uh yea" I said looking out the window

"Oh uh here" he said taking the phone out of his pocket.

"Thanks and thanks for trying to bring it to me"

"Can I ask how you know David"

"He's uh a friend of mine" I said with a shaky voice