Chapter 23: Is This What You Want?

*Patricks POV*

I was sitting alone in the locker room, this whole trip blew. Alyssa wouldn't even come out to the game, mom claimed she was sick but it was bull. I knew she didn't want to see me, I just don't get how I screwed up again.

As I sat alone in the musty locker room the door sudden swung open.

"Jonny?"

"Your a fucking idiot"

"What's your problem?" I snapped

"You have no clue what your doing do you?"

"The fuck are you talking about?"

"Alyssa you moron!"

"I didn't do anything, I haven't even seen her"

"If only you knew" he mumbled under his breath, his eyes pierced me.

"What did you say?"

"Your fucking ruining her! Did you know the other night she came to my room and collapsed to her knees crying? She's been through so much and your egotistical self isn't fucking helping" he yelled than slammed his fist against the locker

"Me? I've been nothing but good to her, I've been trying so hard" I yelled

"Really Patrick? Have you? Your the reason she's sick right now! And If you really were trying I think apologizing and explaining to her what happened helps a lot!"

"You don't think I've tried?" I yelled

"She doesn't want to hear anything from me! why even bother?"

"That's your problem! Stop fucking thinking about yourself and get your head out of your ass! If you really were trying or were even sorry you would keep apologizing until she accepted it!"

"I don't even know what your problem is!" I yelled in frustration, I almost threw the stick in my hand

"You know what Pat? Pull your head out of your ass than maybe you'll be able to see with your eyes" he than stormed out of the locker room, leaving me alone.

What more could I possibly do? I apologized, how could I be making her sick? I sat back down on the bench and began to think, maybe I could be a little more sympathetic. I picked up my bag and headed to Alyssa's room. I knocked on the door multiple times till I finally decided to ram it open. The room was empty, the bed was made and it looked like no one was staying here. I ran down the hall to my mother room and knocked anxiously.

"What?" said Jess

"Where's Alyssa?"

"Didn't she tell you? She hasn't been feeling good so she got a flight back home" she than looked down at her watch "she's probably just took off"

"Fuck" I mumbled

"Watch your language" she snapped

*Alyssa's POV*

I lied to Donna, I wasn't really sick, I just couldn't stay in Russia for another two days. When I landed in Chicago the first thing I did was go to the apartment, lucky for me Natalie was already gone and moved in with her boyfriend. I wasn't planning on telling anyone I was home two days early, I needed time for myself. As for team USA they lost the bronze medal game and Patrick didn't get a goal. I knew he was probably destroying himself inside, the thought that he let his grandfather down probably haunted him at the moment. I wished we weren't on bad terms, I knew right now he needed someone more than ever. Look at me... Why am I always so soft?

On the day the hawks arrived I had received a call from LA, they wanted me for an interview. I would be leaving in about a week, right after I go to my doctor. Since I was leaving for LA anyway I went into work today to start packing up my office. I was able to sneak a couple boxes into my office without anyone noticing, I needed to keep everything on the low.