Chapter 27: Kane

I ripped open the box, inside was a beautiful, elegant white dress. Slowly I lifted it out and held it infront of me. Strapless and flowwy, a gorgeous sweetheart neckline that was outlined with crystals and low back. On the side dangled the price tag, Patrick must have forgotten to take it off. Slowly I bring it closer to be read, my mouth dropped open when I saw the price, $400. "Is he insane?" I blurted out, how could he spend 400 dollars on me?

I walked the dress over to my mirror and carefully slipped it on. I was taken back, the white made my tan from LA glow. The dress hugged me beautifully, it was truly gorgeous. I made my way back to my bedroom where I scrambled to fine white heels and a small clutch to carry my phone and money. After I let me hair out of the clip, soft waved fell down my shoulder.

As I walked into the living room my eyes fell onto the clock 7:59, which quickly turned to 8:00 and was followed by a knock on the door. "he wasn't kidding when he said he'd be on time" I mumbled to myself as I made my way to the door.

Behind the door stood Patrick in black slacks, a white shirt and black tie. His blue eyes looked even more vibrant in the colors. "You-you uh look gorgeous" he stuttered terribly making his cheeks turn red.

"Patrick, the dress is gorgeous. Thank you so much, and you, you look so handsome" I said as I recenterd his tie. "Shall we get going?"

"Ah yes" I smiled and took his arms. As we arrived down stairs his car was pulled up.

"Very fancy Kane" I giggled as he opened the door for me

"I try, I try" he joked

The restaurant was so fancy, something I could never think of affording in my life. As soon as we arrived we were quickly escorted to our table. The waiter came up to us with a bottle of wine.

"That will not be needed to night" said Patrick, surprising the waitor.

"Really Mr.Kane"

"Yea" he smile as he gazed at me "We'll have some lemonades"

"Very impressive, no wine tonight?"

"Nope, I think this will go a lot better" I looked around the room, everyone was dress top notch. I could never belong.

"Why do seem so nervous? So scared?"

"I just am not use to this type of environment" I laughed pathetically. Patrick slowly slid his hand across the table, he than grabs mine. I find it soothing and I instantly calm down.

"You'll be fine" he smiles

"What are we ordering?"

"You always think about food" he chuckles

"I believe were getting the chef's choice tonight"

The whole night was filled with laughter, everything was happy go lucky. Patrick was really growing on me. At the end of the night we ended up back at Patrick's apartment.

"Could I borrow a shirt and some shorts?" I asked Patrick

"Sure" he than came our of his room with a black tshirt and sweatpants. I scurried off and changed, I can back to find Pat on his sofa.

"Come lay down" he motioned to me. He was sitting up right and I laid my head on his lap. I looked up at him and he played with my hair.

"You know... your hair is so gorgeous" he said as he played with.

"Yours isn't to shabby either" I smiled

He than turned on the tv to a random movie and I fell asleep on his lap.

*

Patricks POV

I woke up the next morning being tickled by Alyssa's hair.

"Morning" I said raspy as she sat up and tied her hair

"We must've fallen asleep last night" she laughed

"Ya, you were out like a light"

"I haven't gotten much sleep lately.. I'm a bit of an insomniac" she laughed

"Well you had no trouble sleeping last night" I laughed

We made our way to the kitchen were she insisted on making pancakes. The baggy shirt got in the way and I watched her take it off, leaving her in her black lace bra. The back was covered by her long her. She turned around at caught me staring.

"Do you cook shirtless all the time?"

"Your shirt was getting in way, and besides Kane you've seen my completely naked"

"Not that I can remember it " I chuckled

She rolled her eyes and slid over a plate of pancakes. This new found relationship, it wasn't a labeled one. I liked it, she trusted me. She wasn't sad anymore, the presence of depression was gone. Things were moving at a nice pace, we were more than friend now but less than a relationship.

"You know we have work soon" she laughed as she cleaned up the table

"Yes and were both staying after, I wanna work on legs"

"Sounds good Kane"

Kane, I smiled to myself. It rolled off her tongue effortlessly, it sounded so right coming out of her mouth.