The Final Step

And then came the final step..... the meeting of two souls... the merger of two lives..... The Marriage.....

Kevin's POV

It was the most beautiful day of my life... I along with my family and friends were eagerly waiting for Keyuri to welcome us at the doorstep of the Party Hall where our wedding was supposed to be held. I expected her to come with a garland in her hand. It was a traditional style of welcome. I imagined her blushing and welcoming me lovingly at the same time by putting the garland around my neck.

We all were met with a shock when she arrived in her bridal attire ... on my sports bike...

And then it occurred to me. A few months before marriage she was adamant about learning how to ride the bike despite of my assurance about handing over my car after marriage so that she can use it as much she pleases. But she said that it would be an adventure to ride a bike. She was right. It was definitely an adventure for her... and for me too..... (I planned to sell the bike ASAP. That women must never be given license to use any moving object)

Anyways she came on my sports bike.. I wondered if my dad had given her the keys. She stopped the bike in front of me and winked at me naughtily. And laughing (and praying to God at the same time to save my bones on that auspicious day) I sat behind her while she zoomed the bike till the mandap (altar).

Me (in order to tease her) : You look okay okay today Keyuri

She: Thanks... you yourself are looking less bad today.

And we both chuckled. Marriage is all about equal partnership. And I am glad to have Keyuri by my side for the rest of my life.