Getting engaged (officially)

Keyuri's POV

Next day when I woke up from my sleep, I had a huge smile on my face. I remembered the ring and glanced at my hand. It stood there at my ring finger. Looking so perfect.

However it was an irony that I had to hide it from my parents. Suddenly I heard my mum shouting my name. I rushed downstairs at kitchen and saw the furious expressions of my parents. However Parth stood in the corner of the dining room. He was trying to keep his face straight but I could hint the humour in his eyes.

"Keyuri I want you to sit down and we need to talk". I recognised that serious tone of my mum. She would say that whenever she was super annoyed with me.

" Kevin is a great guy. His family so reputed and nice. I had asked you to think about him as a prospect and a week has been passed yet you haven't responded to me till now. Why the hell are you talking so much time to accept the fact that he is the most perfect person for you?" She demanded.

Now I knew why Parth was grinning. I simply nodded my head. "Mum and dad, I know you would find the best for me. I agree that he is the most eligible person for me. You can talk to his parents and put the prospect of marriage in front of them" I said giving my confirmation.

Next moment I saw my parents dancing with joy. Even I was happy. I badly wanted to show them my ring and celebrate the fact that their 'Dream Son in Law' had already proposed me. However I knew I couldn't. Maybe one day I would be able to tell them the whole truth.

That day my parents called his parents and put forward the prospect. (I had already requested his parents beforehand in the morning to act natural). His parents showed their happiness and told my parents that they would talk to Kevin about it. (That was the most natural thing in case your marriage is arranged).

My parents prayed to God for confirmation of Kevin. Soon his father called us at night to give the good news.

Soon he , his parents and his grandmother came to my place and arranged the "meeting". And all the "routine process" of arranged marriage took place.

Like a typical Hindi movie, I was asked to show the house to Kevin ( which meant I was supposed to talk to him alone). "Shanguns" and rings were exchanged as they got us engaged on the very same day. (Both our families were against dowry so there were no problems). A pundit (priest) was called to fix the date of our marriage.

I was feeling lucky that I was getting experience of arranged marriage as well. While my parents were feeling proud of 'choice', I found Kevin's grandmum grinning and winking me time to time during the whole procedure of engagement.

Soon the date of our marriage was fixed. Now I left everything on my parents. I and Kevin couldn't be happier.

Finally the society and my community and everyone would accept my love. Even if he belonged to another community.

My plan had only one step left. And that was MARRIAGE. And I wanted it to take place with blessings and presence of all my family members.

I know I shall have a beautiful love story for my kids to enjoy. Maybe one day I shall let my parents know. I know I can't hide anything from them.