Now what?

Kevin's POV

I was sitting in a cafe outside my office waiting for Keyuri. I had joined a firm as an intern. I still had 6 months before I could join my father's company. It was lunch time and she was already 10 minutes late. I had only 30 minutes to talk to her, have my lunch and report back to the office. Keyuri had fetched a job of Professor in a reputed collage. Ever since then we both were too busy to meet each other frequently. Plus she always had a look of guilt whenever she would meet me without knowledge of her parents. She was guilty of keeping them in dark about our relationship.

I looked at her in awe as soon as I saw her. She really had a good personality. With specs (it make her look super smart and sophisticated) and shirt and trouser paired with black coloured blazer, her formal look made her personality shine. She really looked like super confident professor.

She took the chair opposite to mine. It was her lunch time too. Waiter came and took our orders.

"So?" She asked me inquiringly. "Why did you call me here".

I grinned. She spoke like my boss, as if asking for the day's agenda.
"Well now we have to plan on how can I convince your parents to give me your hand"

"I have already thought about it " she said.

I remained silent with anticipation. She looks so innocent but trust me she is devil in disguise. I was sure that she had already framed the whole plan of me convincing her parents without actually asking for her hand. Her grin was enough to understand that something was going inside her small head.

"So" she continued. "Now that you want to get experience for 6 months before you join your father's company, I want you to apply for the post of Finance Manager in the company in which my dad works. He is Director of Finance Department. You see, his company is very reputed and plus my dad is the best in his field. So you can learn a lot from him within this 6 months and create a good impression in front of him. Interview starts from tomorrow and my father himself is going to conduct interview. If you are selected, you would get the chance to be part of his team and he is a great teacher. So it would be a win win situation. What's say?"

I considered her offer. The pay was good (though it was irrelevant) and exposure was brilliant. Her father had a good name in market (I had done some research on her father and he truely was considered as a genius in his field). Plus I could make some good impression in front of him by being in his team as his student. Though I didn't have any experience, my marks in exams were great so I shouldn't lose the hope of not clearing the interview.

So I smiled and agreed to her offer. We had our lunch and then I went to my office to give my resignation as an intern. I had a very good feeling about that plan and I was sure that I would clear that interview. For Keyuri. I then went home and started preparing for the next day's interview.