Prospective Father in Law

Kevin's POV
I wouldn't say that the interview was not challenging. I mean I went there with full preparation just because I wanted to impress my future father in law. When my name was called,I went inside to face two people. First was a man who looked in his thirties. His name plate on the table stated that his name was Sarthak Patel, the Head of Human Resource Department. Another person was of course, my father in law, Mr Yash Jain.

Before appearing into interview, while I was waiting outside in the reception area, I chatted casually with receptionist. She was a kind lady and advised me not to be nervous. Perhaps she detected my nervousness. I wish I could tell her that I was not nervous because of the interview. I was nervous because I had to put my best foot forward in front of my dad in law. She told me that Mr Yash Jain is a very kind person. Though he is strict about time and discipline, he is a great leader and any person would be lucky to work under him. Further he is very down to earth. Anyone can approach him anytime irrespective to his designation in the office.

So as soon as I entered the cabin, both of them shook hands with me and asked me to sit down. Trust me I had never been so nervous on my life.

Mr Yash: So young man, we checked your C.V. Let me come straight to the point, you don't have much experience. Plus you are too young for this position.

Me: Sir I don't think that the age has anything to do with the capability.

Mr Yash (smiling kindly at me): But you don't have much experience. You have just cleared your exams and are fresh. You haven't worked with big corporates too. This is a very reputed Multinational Company so we just can't take you like that son.

I don't know what happened to me next. As soon as he said "son", I got charged up. I had to get this job by hook or crook. And I had to work under him to prove him my mettle and then marry his daughter. But I couldn't show how desperate I was to get the job. It would prove to be a bad move.

Kevin: Sir I don't think that experience or age has anything to do with the job. Sure it helps you a lot but I think it's all about attitude and honesty towards your work. Founders of companies like Facebook or Google were young too. I think having young age is an asset. I am still raw so under your leadership so you can mould me and it would be privilege to work under your mentor ship. I am a very quick learner so I m sure it wouldn't take time for me to grasp new things. I have recently cleared my Chartered Accountant exams so my concepts are fresh and I have knowledge of all the latest laws and regulations.

This was it. I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Father in law looked at the table for long time, thinking deeply and then he looked at me and smiled.

That was it. I got the job. This was my first step towards getting my love. I knew Keyuri must be sitting at home and silently praying for me. Her prayers worked.

A/N : Heya readers. Sorry I but my CA final exams are after few days so my updates are late. But don't worry, the story would get into its full speed after mid November, ie when my exams would be over:) good day