My Bold Girlfriend and Impressed parents(2)

Kevin's POV

She had to do everything wrong. Everything in her own way. Against my instructions. Thankfully whatever she was doing had stroked the chords with everyone around us.

We both were talking when we were approached by my cousin Kishan. He is a flirt. A charmer. He tried his tactics and cheesy pick up lines on Keyuri when I introduced them. However Keyuri continued to remain friendly without responding to his pick up lines. That gave him "I- am-not-interested-in-you-but- we- can- be-friends "vibe.

Next came my uncles and aunts. While I was ushering her towards the end of the hall, to make her meet my mum, my uncle and aunt interrupted us and congratulated me. Then my aunt winked at me "Would you leave her alone for a while and be bothered to at least talk to us?". Her friendly banter couldn't conceal her curiosity. After all it was my success party and instead of enjoying with other guests and my friends, I was busy with one girl.

Keyuri simply looked at my aunt and smiled slyly. My uncle asked her about her studies and what did she want to do in near future. She simply answered their questions with a beautiful genuine smile and responded by asking them questions about their profession. My uncle was trustee in various collages of the city so they both got connected instantly. He looked impressed when Keyuri expressed how much she wanted to contribute in the field of education especially for education of children who were lesser privileged financially.

She soon befriended all my friends whom she had not met earlier. I was busy admiring her social skills when she was busy talking with my friends. Suddenly I felt someone tap my shoulders. I turned around to look and it was dad giving me an evil smile. I held my hands as a sign of giving up and said "dad I can explain". My dad laughed and said "No need to". I was happy that at least dad was on my side . But I had another concern "What about Mom?". My dad laughed and said
"That's what happens when you don't tell secrets to your father. Son now you convince your mum. I shall not help you." He winked and left.

Before I could think what to do next, my mum approached me. She looked at me with a very furious expression. I guess she overheard my conversation with dad. "Son, why didn't you tell me earlier. I thought we shared everything and I was your best friend. I am very disappointed with you" she pouted and left. How badly I wished I should have told both of them about it.
I knew that later I would be subjected to fierce interrogation by my family, once the party would get over.

Suddenly I saw my grandmother entering the house. As soon as she saw me, her face lightened up. She had gone out of the town to visit her village. And she was back at the right time. Now I could cut the cake as everyone in my family was present.

I met her, touched her feet and got the blessings. "I have heard that you have got a girlfriend. Is she... what you call...hot?" As soon as she said that, I almost fainted. Meet my grandmother. She is 65 years old but still claims that she in her sweet sixteen. She is a devil and a prankster who is adored by everyone in our house. Often she gives us 'oh-I-am-so-innocent' kind of look whenever she gets caught after attempting a prank. The party was incomplete without granny.

"How did you know I have girlfriend?" I asked with shock. "I have my sources" she smiled and went away towards the opposite direction. God, why does dad have to be such a tattletale?

I turned around to see where was Keyuri and I couldn't find her anywhere. Then I turned around and saw Kishan turning on karaoke machine and asking everyone to join the fun. People started singing songs from English movies. Some sang beautifully and some sang horribly. While everyone was enjoying I turned around to see where Keyuri had disappeared.

Suddenly I turned around to see my dad, Keyuri and my grandmother sitting together, whispering and giggling like primary section school girls sitting together in a class sharing a dirty secret.

And I suddenly found my mum grinning at me. And I knew that something was wrong. Trust me my family can be insane at times.

And then, I found my father fishing out his guitar, climbing on the stage, grabbing the microphone followed by Keyuri and my grandmother joining him. Then my father grabbed 2 chairs and positioned them on the stage. He sat on the chair at the left of the stage and my grandmother sat on the chair situated on right side of the stage. Keyuri stood between both of them and positioned mike in front of her lips. My grandmother had a mike positioned in front of her face and my dad had his guitar in his lap, placed in front of microphone with the help of the servant. I guess they had already asked the servant to place the mike properly.

I felt like they were going to do a performance as a band. I didn't care whatever they did. I was just happy that my family had almost accepted Keyuri. However I was still doubtful about my mum's opinion.