Hello Stranger

Finally my exams are over. Now I have done proof reading of this entire chapter. From today onwards I can increase my frequency of bringing in new chapters.

Time to bring story on the track again....

Keyuri's POV

"Seven. You rejected seven guys Keyuri. That too without meeting them! Just by seeing their photos!! How can you reject perfectly nice guys just without meeting them Keyuri? " My mum was furious. And so was I. I agree that it wasn't her fault that she was not enlightened about my relationship with Kevin. But when I had told her that I didn't  want to see guys, I did mean it.

The atmosphere in my house was pathetic. Everyday the relatives and aunties would show various 'Rishtas' (proposals of various guys for marriage)  and it would piss me off. I was very popular in my community and so was my family. However it made things harder. More and more offers were pouring and I was rejecting some really nice prospects and it made my parents furious. Many times they tried to ask me if the reason behind rejecting the guys was my attachment to anyone special. I didn't dare to tell them that I had fallen for Kevin. No. That would make the matter worse. But I had to hurry in order to make my plan work. I had demanded to my parents that I had few conditions. First, the prospective husband of mine  must should live in this city and he too must belong to my field. That really worked as a filter and soon the list of the prospects got one third in number.

However it made my parents even more impatient. They wanted me to choose someone before the all the eligible guys gets engaged to someone else.

Now it was the time to execute the plan. I quickly dialled Kevin's number and asked him to come to my place. Not as my boyfriend but as a perfect employee.

After half an hour, I heard the doorbell ring. (dinner was being served and we all were sitting in dining room. It was the perfect time for my plan). Soon I opened the door and found Kevin standing in front of me grinning. He grinned at me and said "Hi stranger".

Before I could respond, my dad called out, asking who it was. I lied "Dad I don't know. There is some guy saying that he works with you in office"

Dad asked me to bring him in. I went to the kitchen and fetched a glass of water and gave it to him. He and my dad were sitting and talking.

Dad : So gentleman tell me why are you here?
Kevin: Oh I came here to hand over the file. Sorry sir I won't be able to come to the office tomorrow. This evening it suddenly incurred to me this file is with me but you would want it urgently tomorrow's meeting, so came here to gave it to you.

Dad (Looking impressed): I am glad that you are so punctual and serious about your work. That's what I like about this generation. Kids already know what they want to do in their career since they are young.

Suddenly I saw my mum and Parth entering the living room. They must have got curious plus  the dinner was being interrupted. Kevin smiled and greeted my mum and Parth gave him a wink.

Kevin: So sir I should get going. I think that it's going to rain.

Dad: No son join us for dinner. You arrived here at the right time.

After a little bit of pursuing, Kevin agreed to join us at dinner. My mum was studying him with interest. (She was asking him about his family and education during the dinner. Though her manner was casual, I could sense that she was just scanning him as one of the prospects for her daughter's marriage.

It made me feel very happy. Mum had given up all the hopes that I would marry anyone from our community as I had rejected the best of the prospects already. The remaining were not liked either by my mum or dad. Which meant that they were now forced to look outside our community in 'worst case scenario' (which is non availability of guy from my own community). I would make sure that such 'worst case scenarios' would take place.

I was certain about one thing. That my mum had registered Kevin as one of the prospects in the back of her mind.

We both pretended to be uninterested about each other throughout the dinner while he chatted with my parents and brother. I kept looking at my plate while eating. However I got real scared when I found someone kicking my legs under the table. I looked at him sitting opposite to me. He grinned at me when no one was looking. I received another kick but this time it was my brother. He too was grinning. It was followed by me, Kevin and Parth kicking each other under the table and managing to keep straight sincere face in front of my parents. I didn't want him to go  after dinner. I wished if he could stay here with me tonight.

Somehow God answered my prayers and it started raining  heavily . So my handsome stranger is gonna spend tonight at my place. I would make sure that this would happen.