Bonus chapter 2 (part 2)

Keyuri's POV

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you look?" Kevin whispered in my ears. It was evening and I was ready for the event. I wore red coloured silk saree. Did I ever tell you that the sight of me wearing saree drives Kevin wild? Anyways even after few years of marriage, our romance hasn't died yet. We still communicate via eyes and flirt indirectly just like we used to do when we were in the initial phase of our relationship. Those secret visits to water cooler in tuition are now replaced by him tiptoeing inside the kitchen once he comes to home from office, his blushes during initial days are now replaced by his naughty winks, his kisses are now longer and more passionate (and the idea of me driving his car or bike still terrifies him.)

He looks great and in shape even today. Usually guys grow a considerable amount of belly after a few years of marriage. However he has vowed to stay fit for me. He is wearing black suit and blazer with red shirt. (He makes a point to match his clothes with mine.)

I dress up my babies. While Kian dresses up in formals like his papa, Kavya wears frock. Both of them are super excited. My In laws have already reached to the party with granny. They must be busy greeting their old friends and relatives now.

We four reach to the party There are games, dinner, kareoke and everything is going on with full swing. Then father (in law) steps up on the stage and makes a beautiful speech about how the event made him nostalgic of the initial days of commencement of the company, how he and his friends toiled to make the company stand on such a solid ground, how he is grateful to God for providing him such a nice family and employees. Everyone is touched by his simple yet humble speech and he is applauded.

As soon as his speech is over, he steps down from the stage. However to my horror I find Kian and Kavya climbing on the stage. Kian takes the microphone in his hand and giggles. Till that moment I had been very happy that my children were blessed without stage fear. Someone from father's group shouts "Kian make a speech" and soon everyone in the audience claps to show their support.

Kian looks at me confidently and smiles. And I feel Kevin giving me nervous looks. Soon Kian starts the speech by deciding that he needs to speak about himself.

"I am a good boy" he starts. Then he proudly announces the names of his parents. "My mummy's name is mumma and my papa's name is papa but I call him father" . I hear "awwwww" from the audience and everyone cheers for him, providing him further motivation. So far so good.

Kian looks at me and smiles innocently. And now I know it's time for trouble. Kian proudly announces in his broken English "I was a bad boy. Teachers complained daily. Mumma papa scold me. But today I see Mumma biting papa's lips. Bad manners. I teach lesson to Mumma. I say Mumma bad girl. She says sorry to papa so now she is good girl and now I am a big boy."

Everyone laughs while I find the situation awkward. I pray to the God to open up the Earth and swallow me. Kian, like a nice kind brother ,hands over the microphone to Kavya. Kavya makes the final declaration "I am Kian's teacher and that's why he is good boy" and everyone claps. It was hilarious for others and even I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

At the end note, both the devils start singing the string of poems that Kevin used to sing to them in order to make them sleep. We used to sacrifice our sleep to make both the 'nervous balls of energy' sleep and such sacrifice was now paying off. I heave a sigh of relief. Finally amidsts loads of chant of "once more", both of them step down from the stage holding hand in hand.

For the next few hours, the whole party went into blur. I was feeling too embarrassed to face others. Though no one commented anything about it, I still felt uncomfortable. Kevin held my hand for a long time until I relaxed a bit. And Kian and Kavya? Well both of them relished the attention that they received from everyone in the party. They were now the superstars of the event. And none of them wanted to go home. Kevin had to make them promises about taking them to amusement park. Finally they gave in and we all went to our home.

I was furious at Kevin for whatever scene that was witnessed by the twins at the morning. However he laughed it off and kissed me senseless and later promised me that it would never happen again. But I know my kids. They are like their father. They won't repeat their mistakes. It's just that next time they would find more creative mistakes to irritate me. But hey they are my life aren't they?