Foodie Girlfriend

Keyuri's POV

"Now what?" Grasped Kevin. As soon as my dad (aka the interviewer) declared that Kevin had cleared the interview, I got the call from Kevin, asking me to wait for him once the collage gets over so we could go out and celebrate.

When my collage timings were over, I waited outside the college for Kevin to pick me up. As soon as he reached, I asked him to park his vehicle in collage parking. For some reason I wanted him to sit behind my 2 wheeler Scooty while  I flaunt my driving skills. I knew that him being super rich, must have never tried riding something like a Scooty though he owned an expensive sports bike. (To be frank everyone in my family was scared of my driving skills According to them I drive like a maniac. So I wanted my Prince Charming to be courageous and enjoy my driving.)

When I told him about my intentions, he held his stomach and started laughing as if I was joking

When I told him about my intentions, he held his stomach and started laughing as if I was joking. But seeing my serious face, he decided not to annoy me.  With a winning smile I asked him to sit behind me. I guess he must have been feeling odd sitting behind a girl in a pink coloured girly Scooty.

Kevin's POV

Ok let me admit. This girl is maniac. If it would have been my cousin sister, I wouldn't have mind sitting behind her. But this was my girlfriend. I had never sat behind any girl in my life. Plus it was a girly pink Scooty.  What would people think? My macho boy image would be certainly ruined. Anyways I was very happy clearing the interview so didn't want to fight with her and spoil our  mood.

Soon she started driving her Scooty. Trust me I have never been scared in my life. She never crossed her speed limit yet the way she took turns ,took my breath away. (I had mini heart attack everytime she took a sharp turn or crossed the bumps without slowing down her speed. I swore to my heart that in case I emerged out alive tonight, I would never ever allow her to drive any moving object in my life)

I was planning to give her a treat in a fancy restaurant. It was the best restaurant of the city. I instinctively patted my trouser pocket. Wait. Where is my wallet? Shit Did I forgot my wallet? Now what? I called my mum and she told me that I had left my wallet at home. Now what to do?

I asked her to stop her vehicle. I grinned sheepishly .She smiled understandingly. "Ok now what blunder have you made?"

"Ummm sorry but I forgot my wallet at home. I just have 300 rupees with me which I keep separately  in my back pocket for emergency."

"It's ok Kevin I have money so I can pay"

It hurt my ego. I was her boyfriend and I wouldn't allow her to pay. "No Keyuri. I won't take any money from you"

"Kevin, don't you believe in gender equality? It doesn't matter who pays. We just have to have a nice time" she added "and if you want to pay, then let me pay now and you can pay me back later. Consider it as a small loan".

I was stubborn. I wouldn't let her pay. I knew that  if I allowed her to pay now, then later she wouldn't accept my money. My house was 2 hours away so it would waste a lot of time to go there and retrieve my wallet. "Keyuri maybe we should cancel the dinner and go for a date someday later."

Suddenly I saw her smiling. I knew her smile very well. She had various kinds of smiles. This one stated that she had hit upon an idea. So I just looked at her patiently to explain what was going inside her brilliant head.

"You have only 300 rupees right?" She said. I nodded. " we can go to Manek Chwak. It's the best place in Ahmedabad for street food. It's 8:30 at evening and it's nearby so it would just take an hour to finish our dinner and I would reach home by 10:30. How's the idea?" She smiled at me brightly.

Manek Chawk was the heaven for foodies. I had never been there but had heard a lot about it. Being a child of super rich parents, I was never allowed to eat street food. My parents hated when I ate anything having too much of oil or spice in it. Plus we had a chef who adhered to specific demands of my family. And here was my girlfriend. She was everything opposite to my parents. Still somehow my dad loved her.

Soon I was getting confused as she drove her vehicle into series of the narrowest gullies (roads) which were inaccessible via cars.  I had never been to this area. It was deserted. What if some goons attack her? I shall protect her with my life. However I realised that Keyuri had spotted my worried face on her two wheeler's mirror. She smiled and assured me "Don't worry. I know karate. I shall protect you"  and I frowned.

Soon we reached at a place full with different stalls. I spent an hour trying all kinds of vegetarian food in different stalls. ( we both are strict vegetarians which works in our favour) And trust me, even the most expensive restaurants of the city couldn't compete with the taste of the street food.

Soon we reached to her collage, and I took my vehicle that I had parked earlier  and we parted our ways to our respective homes. Not before me grabbing her by her waist and kissing her passionately. It's high time she gets used to it.

I was lucky that I got such an understanding girl. If any other girl would have been on her place, she would have demanded me to take the pain of going to my home and retrieve my wallet and take her to the most costliest restaurant, thereby wasting my time and energy.

I reached home and slept immediately. I had to prove myself tomorrow. Father in law, here I come.