Getting closer☺️😊

After that episode, Kevin's shyness faded. Not fully but then I was able to see a different side of his. A confident and more charming side. A side that he reflected only when I wasn't around him.

He had not asked for my phone number. I also felt that there wasn't any need for it. We had 10 hours CA lectures and technically I spent 10 hours with him (he started sitting in my bench. We never behaved like couple. People thought of us as friends). Our interactions had increased a bit. But mostly that too wasn't needed. We both found solace with the fact that we didn't need any conversation to express ourselves. Sitting with each other was enough.

The most beautiful moments were when either of us (mostly him) would forget to to bring the book. So we were then supposed to share a book. While turning the pages sometimes our fingers would "accidentally" (read intentionally) touch with each others. He would let his finger linger over mine for a moment or sometimes brush his thumb a little before taking away his hand from mine.

We would discuss about complicated chapters. That was the most direct conversation we would have. We already knew a lot about each other. His friends sat beside me (our benches adjacent) and my friends sat behind my bench. As we all would sometimes pass comments and  have blast.

It became a norm to sit next to each other. He would sometime convey his emotions via his friends. For an instance he once told his friend (loud enough for me to hear) "I belive in long term relationships and after my studies are over, I would opt for my job and propose her".

When I heard that expression, I too decided to reciprocate. Few days later, when me and friends were playing truth and dare (and he was sitting nearby). I confessed that "I too believe in long term relationships and will get engaged in one after my studies are over and I get a job"

I turned around to see him smiling at me.