Clearing exams

Kevin's POV

"We are so proud of you dear." Exclaimed my dad when I touched his and mum's feet. The results of exams were out and Keyuri as well I had cleared the exams. As soon as the result was out on the website, I got the call from Keyuri giving me this news. I wanted to hug her right then and there but it wasn't possible

As soon as my parents came to know about the result, they commenced the celebrations. They distributed sweets to neighbours, asked me to call all my elders and relatives and take their blessings and then, my father decided that he wanted to organise a huge party in the evening to celebrate my success.

"I want you to take over my company Kevin. I am getting older so I want you to expand it further. Therefore I want you to join the company from tomorrow itself as an intern and learn everything about it within a year" declared dad.

However I was still confused. I mean I wanted to work in big corporate giants and then join dad's company. Before I could explain him, my mum, Mrs. Sulochana Mehta, chimed in "son I want you to meet my friend's daughter Naina. She is very beautiful and educated. If you like her, we can get you engaged"

Suddenly I was getting shocks after shocks. Agreed that I had expected mum to show me girls but not that soon.

I took a deep breath and started my train of explanations "Dad I don't want to join the company so soon. First I want to work with big companies and then I shall use my experience in your company. And mum I don't wish to get engaged so soon. First let me be fully financially stable."

I could read shocks on the faces of my parents. However mum was first to give in. With worry apparent on her face, she said " Son are you sure about it? It's difficult to get a girl like Naina" I took a deep breath and explained "mum until and unless I am not fully settled, I don't want to get involved in any relationship" . She just nodded her head.

Then my dad questioned me "son why do you have to work with other companies? Our company is so reputed and you can get all kinds of experiences here itself."

"Dad I just want to explore new things. It's not that I don't want to work in your company but first let me be capable. Even if I work in your company, as an intern, I would get preferential treatment as I am 'owner's son'. It would be better if I learn everything from the ground level in any company which pushes me beyond my comfort level. "

My dad seemed to understand my point. I wanted to be the best before I join and run his company. And for that it was essential that I get exposure of bigger and better places.

"Mum and Dad, I just want 6 months. After that you people are free to get me engaged and join our company" I promised. They just smiled and nodded. And after that, we celebrated my success by ordering a pizza. Sometimes my parents are my best friends.

Plus now I had 6 months to convince mine and her parents. My family practiced Vaishnavism and her family followed Jainism. Though both the religion fall under the common religion "Hinduism", our upbringing and culture were vastly different.

Keyuri's POV

My parents were super proud. They asked me what I wanted to do next although they knew it very well that I wanted to be a professor. I mean I wanted to be professor ever since I was 5 year old.

So I decided to give interviews in various collages and Tutions. Therefore I typed my resume and asked my father to help me improve it.

Let me give you a background. I am Keyuri Jain, daughter of Yash Jain. My father is Finance head of a reputed Multinational Company and my mum, Yashvi Jain is homemaker. We actually practice a religion called Jainism. (It is part of Hinduism and very much similar to Buddhism) I have a brother who is 4 years younger than me. His name is Parth Jain. He is my best friend and is the only person who knows about my relationship with Kevin. He once overheard my late night conversation with Kevin and that was the day I was caught red handed.

As soon as Parth came to know about my relationship with Kevin, he insisted on meeting him. In the following day, he called up Kevin using my mobile and asked him to meet at some cafe. Parth didn't allow me to come with him and went to meet Kevin alone. I was worried if my little brother would approve my relationship. However Parth was very positive about Kevin. I was elated that my brother had approved my love.

My mum also asked me what I thought about getting engaged. She had actually prepared a list of guys who were suitable match for me. I tried to ignore her question and run away but she didn't allow me to slip away. She made me sit on the chair and showed me some pics of the guys she had chosen.

Some guys were more handsome or richer than Kevin but I couldn't even imagine anyone else to spend my whole life with. Suddenly mum's phone rang. I mentally blessed the soul who had called her . And then, simply ran away from my room once my mum got busy answering her call. On the back of my mind, I could imagine the her frowning.

Now it was the time to make my relationship official with Kevin. But how?

I was shaken up from my thoughts when I got a message from Kevin "success party @ 6 o clock at my house followed by meeting with my parents. Wear something classy for great first impression in front of my parents. I am texting you the address too. "