6 - 13

Year 6
The Half Blood Prince

"I can't deal with hiding this from you anymore."

~~~

Y/n was called to the hospital wing the next day, Hermione and Y/n ran through the crowded halls, dodging the bustling students as they sped towards the hospital. The two bust through the doors to see Ron lying in a bed with Harry at his side.

Y/n couldn't tell if Ron was asleep or just passed out. But the way Madam Pomfrey was holding his limp hand, and pressing another to his forehead she had a pretty good guess. Hermione was quick to sit on the chair that was possitioned on the other side of the bed. And Y/n took a seat on the bed it's self.

"What the bloody hell happened to him?" Y/n asked as she sat down.

"Poisened i think." Harry replied simply.

The conversation was cut short and and they went back to silently watching Ron's weak frame lying in the bed. The sound of shuffling feet drew their attention towards the door and Professor Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape and Slughorn trailed in.

"Quick thinking on your part Harry, using Bezoar." Dumbledore praised, "You must be very proud of your studen, Horace."

"Oh, yes, very proud." Slughorn replied simply, his attention drawn to Ron laying almost lifeless.

"I think we agree, Potter's actions were heroic." MaGonagall chipped in, "The question is, why were they necessary?"

Dumbledore looked at Slughorn who was holding a wrapped bottle of some sort. Dumbledore moved closer to inspect it.

"This seems to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle? Which by the way, possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry when not polluted with poison." Dumledore commented.

"Actually i intended to give it as a gift myself. To you, headmaster." Slughorn said, a hint of sadness in his voice.

The teachers all looked at each other in disbelief, sharing the same questionable glint in their eyes. But Y/n was praying, hoping with all her heart that Draco had nothing to do with this. But their eye contact was broken when a hih pitched voice and quick shuffling feet came into hearing range.

"Where is he? Where's my Won-Won?" Landender came into view, standing at the end of his bed, "Has he been asking for me?"

"No." Y/n replied, glaring at the annoying girl.

"What are you even doing here?" She spat, then turned towards Hermione, "What's she doing here?"

Y/n was in complete utter disbielf that this irritating blonde child was speaking to her and her friend like they were unworthy of being near Ron. She was obviously not going to stand for it.

"As his friends we have the right to be here, you irksome twit." Y/n said, irritably.

"Plus we might ask you the same question." Hermione hepled, standing up from her seat.

"I happen to be his girlfriend!" Lavender fired back.

"No, you happen to be an embarrassment to Ron's relationship status! Now do us all a favour and leave you daft bimbo." Y/n rubbed her temples in annoyance.

Lavender looked furious, and her face was getting reder by the second. But Ron stirred from next to Y/n and all their attention to the red head who was mumbling something.

"See he senses my presence!" Lavender said, "Don't worry Won-Won, I'm here."

"Uh.....Hermione." Ron managed to struggle out in his mumbles.

Y/n looked between Ron, Hermione, Lavender and then to Harry with wide eyes. Lavender leaned over the bed as if she was in pain before turning around and making a run out of the room. The only thing that they could hear was her sobbing getting quieter and quieter.

"I think, I better leave Hermione and Ron to their mumbling." Y/n said, eyeing Hermione who was holding Ron's hand, "I'll see you guys later."

Y/n left the hospital wing and left Harry, Hermione and Ron in there with the rest of the teachers. The hallways were quiet and empty, she knew everyone would be in class. But she didn't want to go to class, not yet anyways.

But Y/n was startled as she was grabbed and pulled into the off leading corridors, she was pinned to the wall and a hand was pushed against her mouth. She opened her eyes to be met with familiar grey ones. Yet they weren't familiar at all, they were wide and worried.

"Draco, what's the matter?" Y/n whispered.

He pressed his finger to his lips and pulled her by the arm. His hair was stuck up messily, like he was completely stressed. And his sluggishness was a sign that he was completely drained. He pulled her down a familiar corridor towards the room of requirement. But when they entered it wasn't like the room Y/n saw before! It was completely plain and empty.

"I can't deal with hiding this from you anymore." Draco said seriously, closing the door, "You need to know."

"I need to know what?" Y/n said softly, taking his hand.

"Just promise me you won't hate me?" Draco pleaded, pulling her closer into him, "Please don't leave me alone after I tell you."

"Draco, sweetie, you're scaring me!" Y/n's eyes began to blur, and her voice crack, "I promise, I promise anything, I won't leave."

Draco looked her in the eyes and nodded. He stepped away from her and gulped loudly. Y/n watched as he wrapped his fingers around his sleeve and she automatically knew where this was going. She felt a tear fall down her face. He tugged at the fabric.

Her stomach dropped as soon as she saw it, her mouth couldn't hold in the sobs and she put her hand over her mouth to at least muffle them. There, stained on her best friend's arm was the Dark Mark. Draco saw the pain in Y/n's eyes and he broke down too, falling to his knees.

"Please Y/n, don't leave me alone." Draco sobbed into his hands.

Y/n lunged forward, engulfing him into a massive hug. She sobbed into his chest and he sobbed into her hair, but the two where on the same page. Y/n looked up into his beautiful grey eyes and her hands clutched both sides of his face.

"Draco, I won't leave you! Not now, not ever. I promise." Y/n breathed heavily, her hands running through Draco's thin hair.

He nodded along with her, both of their eyes red from the tears. The two of them sat on the hard floor, staring at each other, their bodies intertwined. And after this intense moment, their relationship couldn't be stronger.