4 - 4

Year 4
The Goblet of Fire

"He was staring at you Hermione."

~~~

A few days after Professor Moody's disturbing lesson, everyone seemed to be a little less shaken and had gotten over it. Including Neville who was invited to Moody's office to clear the air and a peace offering.

It seemed the whole school was more excited about the Triwizard Tournament. People gathered in the main hall at lunch and in their free periods to see people bravely place their names into the blue fire.

That's exactly what the Slytherin's were doing today. The green badged robes gathered in one corner of the hall, chatting away to each other. Y/n seemed to be the only green without her robe on, and sat next to Hermione, who had her nose burried in a book.

Y/n clapped as a few unknown people placed their names in. But she was more intrested in the handsome Hufflepuff boy who she recognised to be Cedric Diggory. A small smirk played on her lips as his group of friends pushed him towards the gold gobblet. And with pride he put his peice of parchement in. His eyes locked with Y/n's for a few seconds, and he smiled back making Y/n look down at her lap sheepishly. He then jumped back into the centre of his group.

"Draco doesn't seem to happy about the attetion you got from Cedric." Hermione said, her face coming off the page for a moment.

Before Y/n could see what she was talking about or even reply to her comment, all attention was pulled to the main doors where the Weasley twins bust in, yelling with triumph. Everyone began to clap and high five them, and Y/n became curious as she listened to the twins carefully.

"Well lads we've done it. Cooked it up just this morning." They said, holding vails of potion in their hand.

Y/n could regonise that potion anywhere, it was an ageing potion. She bit her lip trying not to smirk.

"It's not going to work." Hermione sung, closing her book and putting it on her lap.

The twins bonded towards them, sticking their heads on either side of the two girls.

"Oh yeah? And why is that?" They asked smirking.

"See this?" Y/n circled the blue ring on the floor with her finger, "This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" They ask.

"So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly fooled by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an Aging Potion." Y/n explained, a playful look on her face.

"Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant. Because it's so pathetically dimwitted." They said, grinning at Y/n and Hermione who both rolled their eyes.

The twins stood up and wrapped their arms around each other and drank the full vial, and throwing the glass to one side. They then jumped into the ring, and suprisingly nothing happend. Cheers erupted from the room as they walked around gloatingly for a while. Then finally they put in their names, and the goblet seemed to accept them. But after a while it made a loud roaring sound. Blue light surged from the goblet, hitting Fred and George and flinging them out of the ring.

They landed in a heap on the floor. But when they riased their heads, their normal hair and facial hair was growing rapidly and turning white. They looked at each other, clearly fuming about the whole situation.

The brothers sat up rather dazed and looked at each others growing hair. Suddenly one of them lunged at the other, making the other students gather around as the two boys scrapped it out on the floor. People began to chant the word "Fight" over and over again. Plus Draco was looking rather smug in the corner.

"How childish." Hermione sighed in annoyance as the two girls stayed seated.

"Seriously, just by even thinking an ageing potion would work is an insult to Dumbledore's greatness." Y/n added, still looking at the crowd of people.

After a while the crowd suddenly went quiet, and only the grunts and insults of the Weasly twins could be heard echoing around the silent room. People moved backwards making a walkway for whoever interupted them. The twins were left in the middle but soon stopped and looked up. Swiftly, they scrambled up and out of the path.

Then Y/n finally saw who had just walked in. Viktor Krum, followed by his head master Igor Karkaroff. He didn't stop, he headed straight for the goblet, a unreadable, stern look on his face. He walked into the age line, his head master stopping at the edge. Reaching up, he put the peice of parchement in the flames. Stopping and looking towards Y/n and Hermione then walking away.

Y/n bit her lip and began to giggle. Hermione was looking back at her giggling too.

"He was staring at you Hermione." Y/n smirked, like a giddy little girl.

"No way. He was totally looking at you." She smiled back, mirroring Y/n's child like excitement.

"Oh come on." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"He was one hundred percent looking at you. What is a muggle born compared to a Moonshine?" She said rather jokingly.

"I feel as though my family is over rated, we are exactly the same species as anyone else, including muggle borns. People need to stop comparing two humans with importance and wealthiness, especially when they're all capable of the same thing." Y/n said.

Hermione looked as though she was grateful for her words, grinning back at Y/n. But someone's voice had to butt in a ruin it.

"I think Mud-blood is right. What is a muggle born compared to a pureblood?" Pansy's voice cackled from behind Hermione. Stood beside her was Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. Draco's face didn't show that he was in a perticullaly good mood.

"Actually Pansy, she said Moonshine, not Pure blood. And at the moment, if this was between you and Hermione of course, she would be miles a head of you." Y/n shot back, "So if you don't mind, we would be grateful if you took your unwanted opinions back into the corner."

Y/n had a sarcastic smile slapped on her face and Hermione looked as though she was going to burst out laughing. She was having to bite her lip and keep her head down. Y/n was feeling pretty proud of herself until another unwanted voice chipped in.

"I would never have thought you, of all people, would be siding with a Gryffindor over a Slytherin." Draco spat and glared at Y/n.

"I would never have thought you, of all people, would care about who i sided with." Y/n mocked Draco's first comment, "And i don't see what you're going to do about it? It's not like you can go running to your father. I hear both our fathers are rather good friends at the moment, he would be extremely angry if his petty, little son ruined that for him."

Draco looked rather taken back by her comment. So he just slowly backed away. The rest of his little gang retreated too, leaving Y/n and Hermione alone, finally being able to let her laughter flow.