Ch 56 Wolf Dance

36 second video 😜
*******************
"Among my mother's people," I said loud enough for both Sister and my spread out audience of wolves to hear, "the wolf dance is a war dance. Each tribe has its own meaning for the wolf dance. For us now, it holds two meanings. First and foremost, is the defense of our values."

I smiled at her, wishing that telepathic pack link from her stories was a real thing. She would be able to feel without a doubt how proud I was of her and how much I loved her.

"Like my father before me, I would not hesitate going to war to protect a woman and to keep her from getting raped. And as you have so passionately pointed out, having a werewolf force his bite upon you is, in many ways, like rape. It is an assault on your person that affects the very core of your being. It is a physical invasion with long-lasting effects. It is something that should never be done without someone's permission!"

I looked away from her across the sea of gathered werewolves. Like earlier, the ones who deserved some personal attention were easy to spot from their nervous pacing or their submissive demeanor.

When I looked back at Sister, she nodded knowingly, giving me a small smile while she sniffled back her tears.

"By defending our values, I am also protecting the earthly portion of Spirit Wolf's pack to the best of my ability. Sister, I have seen the difference between someone who was forcibly bitten and mistreated, like Lone Wolf..."

Sister looked to the giant wolf, her eyes questioning, waiting for his nod before turning her attention back to me.

..."and someone like you who desired it with all her heart. My mother loved being a wolf, and would show me how she saw the world through wolf eyes. She taught me to appreciate what I was born with and not to take it for granted. For her, everything to do with being one with the wolf was beautiful and needed to be celebrated."

I smiled down at Sister, knowing how much she would have learned from my mother, had my mother lived and Sister been strong enough to survive changing.

That," I said, "is the second part of our wolf dance. Our wolf dance won't be exactly like it is for my mother's people, it will be ours. The second part is a natural result of the first part. Understand? To fight for what is right leads to the celebration for all, as our life as both man and wolf."

Sister looked troubled but nodded.

"What?" I asked gently.

"How do you celebrate the best part when there is so much pain for so many of them?" she asked.

"Ah, Sister! How do you celebrate your passion for life when you are dying of cancer?"

"By living! And writing about what I love," she added thoughtfully.

"So...," I grinned at her, mischief in my eyes.

She looked at me with a matching grin.

"We dance," I said. "We dance to express our intolerance for that which causes pain and heartache that can be avoided. The truth, Sister," and I took her hands like I did in her bedroom that time, "is that you cannot live and avoid pain and heartache."

"But that doesn't mean you have to cause it!"

"Which is why our dance is a war dance, to be willing to fight those who purposely cause suffering."

"And the part about celebrating life?" she asked dubiously, still upset.

"Come, you will see."

I moved around the fire slowly, feet making the double beat of our rhythm. Once she basically had that, I moved my arms up. She went to copy me and I stopped her.