Ch 20 Yard Party

I had to add this video. If I were to picture Little Wolf's home videos, the last dancer in the green shirt would be him.

*******************
I woke Dad up with my vacuuming in the living room.

"Does this mean the date went badly?"

"Mahina's coming over for dinner tonight."

A long pause. The vacuum stopped. Dad had unplugged it.

"Son, it's not even six in the morning. Have you slept?"

I shook my head no.

Dad came over, putting his forehead against mine. "There's time. You need to sleep, Son. If you are anxious in your own home, how do you think Mahina will feel? You need to relax."

Derrick chose that moment to drag himself out of his room, looking at me bleary-eyed. Apparently, I woke him up as well.

"Why don't you go for a run with Derrick? Pound some of that anxiety out with your two feet."

Dad threw a look at Derrick. "If you don't mind? I'll put some coffee on for you."

Derrick gave a yawn but nodded yes and headed back to his room to change.

"Son, it is the man experiencing tension. The wolf is fine; trust me. Keep yourself all man."

I only nodded as Dad pulled the vacuum from my hands and wound up the cord.

I thought about what Dad said as Derrick and I ran side by side, our breath frosting in the early morning air.

The wolf knew it had to wait until the she-wolf was ready. Until then, the wolf worked on being familiar and liked, proving skills and support, so that when the time came, his advances would be accepted.

It was the man who was a nervous wreck!

I slowed down when Derrick hollered out. I had to wait for him to catch up.

"So what the hell happened? You get dumped?"

"She's coming over tonight to meet my dad."

"Parent meeting already? She must be something!"

I grinned at him. I really did need to run off some of my excess energy. "Yeah, she is! Hey, if you can't keep up with me, just head back to the house."

The look in Derrick's eyes said it all- challenge accepted. Ten minutes later, I was sitting on the curbing just to annoy him as I waited for him to catch up again.

We ran for another half-hour before heading back. The whole way back, Derrick was pushing himself to keep up with me.

Even though Derrick was struggling for breath by the time we walked in the living room, he managed to make one comment before heading in to shower.

"All the energy you got, you must not have gotten any."

I know I blushed when I saw the grin on my dad's face.

"Come on." Dad grabbed my arm and pulled me back outside, heading to his truck.

"Where we going? Let me get cleaned up first."