Ch 29 Omega

A domestic! Sheep didn't disappoint me. I could have laughed.

I didn't wait, especially since I knew roughly what he was going to say and had given some thought to how to handle his ignorance. It was one reason I made sure the shy one didn't bolt.

I lunged across the fire, knowing neither Sheep nor Lone Wolf would expect it. The force of my body slamming into Sheep moved both of us away from Lone Wolf. I kept myself completely human. I soon had Sheep pinned where he couldn't move.

Sheep needed to have his alpha's hold over him broken. He needed to be overpowered by the authority of another alpha, or he would never be able to stand up to the warped alpha who controlled him. Most of all, he needed to understand the driving dynamics of his city pack.

Sheep shifted under me. If he thought I hadn't fought this way, then he was crazy. I don't know how many times as a kid, mainly when we fought during my early teen years, Dad had me pinned no matter how I shifted. I learned.

I put leverage on his legs so they would feel the pressure and the tension. Wolf forelegs can only move certain ways. The way I had him pinned, I could quickly push a limb out of joint. I wasn't aiming for breaking bones, but I could if it came down to it.

I had one arm wrapped around his head, effectively muzzling him. My knees squeezed his midriff below his rib cage, making it hard for him to breathe. He shifted back to human, back to wolf, back to human. I adjusted my hold with every shift. He became a wolf once more. I stayed human throughout. He couldn't escape me. When he realized this, he held still, growling. He was breathing hard, more from anger than exertion.

"If you're ready to listen? I asked you what an omega is. You gave me a ridiculous answer. What wolf needs someone to sweep the floor, do laundry, or cook?" I asked derisively. "There is no such thing as a domestic servant in a pack of wolves. And humans," I stressed, "don't have alphas, betas, or omegas. So, when I ask you to tell me what an omega is, what do you suppose your answer should be?"

He shifted to man again, struggling briefly but didn't answer. I knew it was pride that kept him silent, even if he thought it was anger that kept him from speaking.

"Come on; it's easy. You say, 'I don't know what an omega is.'"

Another attempted break for freedom and more silence.

"Unless you do know? Somehow I don't think you do. And you need to! Let's try this. 'No Sir, I don't know what an omega is,' or is that asking too much of you?" My sarcastic tone was designed to push his buttons.

More struggling made me laugh out loud at him. He was pissed.

"Ok, I'm going to cut you a break before Lone Wolf decides to challenge me," I said with a voice filled with humor. Lone Wolf's spike in fear had me hoping he used a tree very soon.

"A simple yes or no answer. Do you know what it means to be an omega in a pack of natural, forever stuck on four legs, wolves?"

A long pause, during which I squeezed my grip around Sheep's throat just a bit tighter for a second, demanding he answer me.

"No."

Finally! Once Sheep answered, I let him go, rolling clear in case he decided to retaliate.

After I was sure Sheep wasn't going to come at me, I put a hand on Lone Wolf's shoulder to reassure him and urge him to take care of his business, turning him around and giving him a slight shove toward the trees.

I walked around for a bit, gathering a bit more deadwood to feed to the fire. Look at me, being a domestic wolf! I had to laugh at myself.

Dad was mostly human again, sitting by the fire, looking on with pride. Most of the others were calm, waiting to see what happened next. Businessman and the shy one were the only ones whose scent was tinged with fear and uncertainty.