Ch 19 Date Night

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!
Swipe the picture to get to the video.

I wanted to include Mahina's dress, but I also want you to understand Little Wolf.

Watch the video and pay attention to the boy in blue all the way to the end. The first little bit is slower, but then the footwork really starts! It is so worth it! The video is about 2 minutes long. Combine that dance with the dance video in the next chapter. The two together should let you imagine Little Wolf on the dance floor.

This Native dance is called a smoke dance.

**********************

"Dad!"

Derrick snickered as my dad fussed over me.

"It's a date, not the prom! You weren't this bad when I went to prom!"

"That's because your mother got to fuss then. Hold still."

I tolerated his tugs on my dress shirt and his hand through my hair, knowing Dad thought Mom would do such things. I finally met with his approval, except for the one question he just had to go and ask.

"Did you grab some of the..."

I rushed out the front door, then had to go back in to grab my keys out of his hand. Derrick was busting a gut laughing. I didn't bother risking any more of my dignity with a single word.

I was glad Derrick had loosened up with my dad. When I went to put my pipe away after the smoke with Mac and Dad, the guys had respectfully parted for me. Mac pored the third bottle into the ground. I had urged Mac's men to go to him. Let them blame his crying on the previous two bottles of booze if they wanted to save some sort of face; I didn't care.

By the time I was rubbing some of Aunty's salve into my dad's shoulder, Mac had come around front. The big man grabbed me into a bear hug, and all I could do was hug him back.

No words, none needed.

Derrick got home in time to watch my final preparations for my date, asking Dad if he'd ever played some of the games on the PlayStation.

I laughed to myself as I drove down the road. I had barely played any video games growing up, and that was always at a friend's house. The retelling of game night was going to be interesting. I bet I would hear two different stories of how the night went.

I pulled into the coffee shop and sat on my motorcycle for a minute, looking for Mahina. She ended up pulling in behind me. I couldn't take my eyes off her as she got out of her car. I went over and greeted her with a light hug.

"You look stunning, Mahina, " I whispered in her ear as I went in for a brief hug. "I don't think you want to head out on my bike wearing that, though," I added as I pulled back. "I wasn't thinking. I got distracted with my dad arriving in town today and was in too big a hurry to escape his teasing," I grinned. "I should have borrowed Derrick's car or my dad's truck. Is it ok if we go in your car together or do you want me to ride separately on my bike?"

Her royal blue dress was tight around her thighs. There were two straps on one shoulder, one strap that came around her neck and joined them. The straps looked connected by some sort of crystal broach. Her other shoulder was bare.

"We can take my car, I guess, Rick. You'll need to drive. I don't know where we're heading."

I just grinned at her as I walked over to the passenger door to open it for her. The mere sight of Mahina sparked desire in me. She was wearing the same perfume she had on the first time we met.