Ch 35 Council Meeting, pt1

Wednesday evening had me setting two cups down next to my phone. I had seen Mahina pull in and ordered hers. She gave me a look when I insisted she keep her chair pulled close to mine.

"I have a date with someone else," I told her, laughing at the look she gave me. My phone beeped and I set it between us so Mahina could see who I was talking to.

"Brother? What am I looking at? Which way do you have your camera pointing? Did you read the stories I told you to read? Did you tell her yet? Mom, you said a half hour! We just started!"

"Little Sister are you yelling again?"

"No!" A pause. "Yes," she added sullenly. "Mom brought me in a snack. It's rude to talk and eat."

"If it makes you feel better Mahina and I are at the coffee shop while we talk."

"Oh are you having a caramel macchiato? Those are so good but Mom doesn't let me have too much coffee."

I laughed at the scrunched up face Tammy was making as I introduced her to Mahina. Tammy was fuming that I hadn't explained anything to Mahina yet. That took most of the half hour she was allotted.

We signed off with me agreeing to talk to her the next night, and probably every night. It was easy to see why her mother set limits for her.

"So she thinks you're a werewolf?"

"Worse. She thought I was her werewolf mate whose bite would heal her of her cancer."

Mahina did a little silent ohhh so similar to Tammy's as I continued. "But we worked it out. She understands now that my bite won't heal her, and that she and I are definitely not mates! She has agreed to settle for being my sister, especially once she decided you're my Luna," I finished with a laugh.

"I'm still trying to understand exactly what a Luna is supposed to be. Can't you just convince her you aren't a werewolf? You'd think that would be easy to do."

"But I am a werewolf," I whispered with a grin.

Mahina just shook her head at me. "I'm beginning to understand why people got upset with you when you talked about storytime, even if it was magical."

I saw humor and love in the look she gave me, making me more determined than ever in my decision to go before the council.

Later that night I decided to pull one on Mac since I had time while waiting for Jacob to arrive. I was in a playful mood.

"Hey Mac," I hollered out. I caught Derricks eye and winked with a grin.

"What?" He came out of the kitchen

"My secret's out."

He gave me this look, worry lines furrowing his brow, absently setting the pan in his hand down on the kitchen table.

"Yep. Tammy knows I'm a werewolf!"

Mac's eyes got big, until Derrick snickered and broke out laughing.

I laughed as well, shaking my head.

"That's the make-a-wish recipient, right?" Derrick asked.