Chapter 3

(Tristan's POV)

I strolled down the hall to my next class. Drama. One of my least favourite lessons but I seem to get all of the lead roles. I sat in the seat at the back of the class but, no doubt, the teacher will move me and my 'talents' to the front. Jen was already sat in the room, glaring at me.

"See something you like?" I flirted with her. She rolled her eyes and got a bit flushed. She turned away, ignoring me.

"Not everyone likes you, Tristan." She spat, still staring straight ahead.

"So that's why you're looking in front and trying to ignore me." I chuckled, resulting in a pencil being thrown at me.

"Go flirt with someone who cares." She snapped at me. I rolled my eyes and moved to the front of the class.

"Oh Tristan, I have the perfect role for you." The drama teacher, Miss Jones, loudly announced. I laid back into my chair and watched as she threw papers around, looking for a script.

"Got it." She lifted up a small stack of papers and placed them, not so lightly, on my desk. She had a massive grin on her face while she urged me to read the script. I opened the first page and read in large, bold writing.

"DRACULA" I had to stifle a laugh. She was being deadly serious, which made it even funnier.

"Sure miss. Great choice." Don't laugh. Don't laugh. Don't laugh.

"Really? I want you to play the lead." She beamed. She was so happy. She was so unconfident and had such low self esteem, and she was the flipping drama teacher.

"Of course, Miss. I think I know a brilliant female lead." I grinned. Jenna wants to torment me, I'll torment her.

"Oh, who?"

"Jenna Pierce." I grinned.

"Oh goodie." She clapped her hands together and walked over to Jenna. I turned back and watched her smile fade into anger. I looked her in the eyes and saw how much she wanted to murder me. I laughed and turned back around, shaking my head. This lesson went by quickly, so did the next and so did the next. By the time I saw the clock, it was time to go home. I grabbed my stuff and waited to leave. "5.4.3.2.1." I got up and left as the bell screamed through the school. I chucked my books into the locker and grabbed my bag. I got out a cigarette from my coat and lit it. I could live on these, even though they're killing me. I quickly got out of the school gates and walked down the street. Jenna was walking slowly in front of me.

"Jen!" I shouted but she ignored me. I ran up to her and noticed her headphones. I rolled my eyes and pulled one out. I plugged it into my own ear and listened. Classical?

"What do you what, Tristan?"

"Classical? Really?"

"I'm in a bad mood. Leave me alone." She stormed off and I walked down my street. As I got closer to my house, I saw my sister sat with my mum, smiling.

"What's got you so happy?" I asked.

"I'm gonna turn 18 on Friday."

"Well done. I'm going to my room."