Chapter 26

Jenna's POV

I could tell that I was in bed, I was conscious, but I couldn't move or open my eyes. I'm pretty sure that I'm in a coma, but I have totally no clue what happened to me. It must have been months that I was laid here. I tried to count the days. I gave up at about 100. Every day a couple of people came to visit me, Lauren and a guy, I think his name was Tristan Evans. I could be wrong He sounded nice. My mum visited me about twice. Once was my birthday and the other time she told me that she was moving to Paris. Fair enough. Although, I didn't know where I was going to live. This lingered on my mind for a while, until I have up on thinking. Oh yeah. And some random woman came to visit me, said something about forgetting. I can't really remember what she said; it was months ago. It was driving me insane, being able to hear everything. I had to listen to people scream and cry for me, or just talk to me about their day. I tried to listen but when some guy I've never met before is telling me that he loves me and misses me, it makes me feel sick. Should I know him? I needed to wake up and see his face! Using all of my energy I pried my eyes open and found him. I was unsure what to do. A guy I didn't really know was sat here playing with my hand.

"Tristan. Tristan Evans?" I asked, praying I had got the poor guy's name right. His head shot up and a wide grin covered his face. He dropped my hand and pulled us together, our lips immediately connected. I tried pushing him away but his strength prevented me. This was so weird, I hadn't kissed a guy before. But the feeling felt so familiar.  He pulled away, still with that stupid grin on his face.

"Jenna, baby, I can't believe it. You're actually awake. I'm not dreaming. Oh god, you don't know how much I've missed you. It's been hell seeing you so fragile. I'm never letting you out of my sight again. I don't know what I'd do if you were hurt again." He rambled on about me but it made me feel uneasy. I didn't know who he was. He couldn't know me. I had to tell him. He creeped me out. He did just kiss me!

"Who are you? I've heard you, for the last 6 months, but I don't know who you are. I only guessed your name. I'm sorry. It clearly seems that you know who I am, but I have no clue as to who the hell you are." His face immediately dropped as I spoke to him. He ran out of the room and pulled a doctor in.

"Do something!" He screamed, startling me and the doctor. What could he do? I just don't know who he is. Ooh, maybe I've got amnesia. That would be so cliche in a situation like this. Will I have to fall for him again? Is he going to keep some big secret from me then tell me once I've fallen madly in love with him? It sounds like every fan fiction I have ever read! I have the sudden urge to fall in love with someone else just to ruin the fan fiction cycle. Either that or die and that would suck majorly. Why am I even thinking like this?! Maybe cos I'm a complete weirdo. Heheh...

"Jenna. JENNA!" Tristan shouted me, to get my attention. Too busy day dreaming. I giggled immaturely, before apologising, and focused on what the doctor had to say. They both rolled their eyes at me and the doctor scoffed. He was treating me like a child. Well, not many 17 year old girls giggle. Whatever! Shit, I'm day dreaming again. Neither of them said anything.

"Okay Jenna, you have amnesia---" Before the doctor could finish speaking, I cut him off. He was talking to me the same way you talk to a deaf person or child. I shook my head and began to talk myself.

"I fell and hit my head, from what I've heard, I'm not an idiot. Please talk to me as though I'm not a child or I'll just walk out of here and die, guarantee you get fired. Wouldn't that be a bother for you? And believe me, I'm not afraid of death, I would happily drop right here and not give a shit. Just prescribe me something or go away." I practically growled at the doctor. Tristan just stood stunned and he looked almost upset. If he turns out to be a pussy, I'm not sticking around.

"Y-y-yes miss. Well, you have a strange case of amnesia. It appears that you are physically fine but you only seem to have forgotten all memories of Mr Evans. This is extremely rare, I've only personally encountered a case once before. All I can say is he had to make new memories. I'm truly sorry but there isn't anything I can do. I'll give you two time to talk." Quickly, the doctor scurried out of the room, barely seconds after dumping the bad news on us. So I do know him. Great. I couldn't face him, but something inside me told me to look up at him. He was staring at the wall, if he focused any harder he might burn a hole in it. I wanted to comfort him but I couldn't even begin to imagine how he must feel. How long have we even known each other?

"I knew I recognised you." I smiled, trying to reassure him. It wasn't completely true but I had to say something. Who knows how long he's been waiting for me. And why?

"I spent our 1 year anniversary sat in here, praying you might wake up. I spent your birthday in here. October 8th, right! Halloween. Christmas. New Years Day. It's March, for fuck sake! If you want me to leave then I will. But please Jenna don't patronise me or give me hope, especially when there isn't any." He sighed and walked out. Even with no recall of him, I could feel an awful pain in my chest. I wanted to call out his name, but my mouth dried and became unable to form any words. He didn't turn around; he kept walking. Before I could think clearly, I heard a loud crash and nurses screaming. He'd done something. Quickly, I slipped on the thin hospital slippers and hurried out of my room and watched him hurtle a hospital bed across the room. Oh god. I didn't know what to do.

"Tristan." My voice was barely audible, but I knew he heard me. Tears were forming in the corners of my eyes and I was trembling with fear. How could I know someone like this? He turned around quickly, staring at me wide eyed. Before I could let him speak, I ran out of the hospital. I was only in my hospital gown and thin slippers. My mind was racing and I had no clue where I was planning on going. Home? No, I'd moved out... But where to? Lauren was back; she'd know. I walked slowly to where I believed she lived, she could have moved. It must have been only around 1pm but there seemed to be barely anyone around. My eyes were fighting to stay open as I finally reached her street. It wasn't far away from the hospital but I hadn't been conscious for 6 months. I was exhausted. Falling onto her doorstep, I slapped the door, as my hand didn't have the energy to even form a fist. I heard a patter of footsteps from inside, hurrying to the door. It swung open and Lauren's dad picked me up.

"Lauren! You've got a visitor!" He shouted, placing me gently on the sofa. From the moment I met her dad, Damon, he treated me like his own daughter. It was nice to have a father figure. I quickly gave up on trying to stay away and let my eyes close. Before I fell asleep, I heard Lauren panic.

"I'm calling Tristan."

~~~~
Heyyyyyyyy guysssssss!!!!
It's been a while. It took me a while to write this, but I did have the ideas in my mind. I did want to wait on updating until I knew what would be going on in the next chapter so you won't be waiting as long! What do you think!!?? For those who find this familiar, I have partially based the memory loss on Grimm! It's such a good TV show!!!

Can you guys do me and Emily a massive favour and read our other book, Teachers Pet??? A lot of effort has gone into writing it, and we think you guys would love it!!!

Sotc: Devil by Super Junior
(I am completely obsessed with this song! And DAAAMMNN Heechul (blonde one) you look soooooo freaking good!)

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

Enjoy
-A