Chapter 5

(Tristan's POV)
I sat in my room, with the stereo blaring. I pulled out a large white canvas and a pencil. I lightly sketched the shape of a face, not adding much detail. I kept it very plain and simple. Then, I picked up a brush. I prepared my set of inks, beside me, and carefully dipped the brush into the black ink, only getting paint on the very top of the brush. I traced the pencil lines, to emphasize the face. Then, I added more detail; the structure of the jaw, the single strands of hair, the darkness around the eyes, the slight sparkle in the eyes, the plumpness of the lips. I dipped my brush into the water, slightly, to create a grey color. It added more shade and definition to the face. I used this grey to define the cheeks and I dipped the brush back into the black and defined the nose and every single tiny detail. Once I had finished, I stepped back and looked at the beautiful face in front of me. Jenna. She could never know about this but ever since I saw her face, I knew there was something interesting about her and she was intriguing. She practically hated me and I was fascinated by her. I could tell how flustered she was when I was around her, so I could just use that against her. I smirked, just thinking about her and her reactions to me. I went and laid on my bed, thinking about Friday. I was three days away from getting old. Urgh. I was turning 18 and because I have a stupid twin sister I have to have a party which will be 'the party of the century' according to everyone but me. I never have been a party person and I don't intend to start now. I turned off the stereo and stared outside my window. I saw Jenna strolling past. I grinned and sprinted downstairs. I casually strolled outside and walked up to her.
"What you doing here?" I smirked.
"Going home." She spat.
"Where do you live?" I smiled, following her intently.
"Here." She walked up a drive, two door down from me.
"Why did you go such a long way?" I laughed.
"I went to the comic book store." She hung her head, almost in shame.
"What's wrong?" I placed my hand on her shoulder.
"I'm waiting." She sighed.
"Waiting for what?" I was really confused.
"I'm waiting for the insult." She was totally emotionless, except a single tear fell down her cheek.
"Jen," I sighed, "Don't think of yourself so lowly. You are such a wonderful person and I don't want you feeling so bad. Tomorrow I am going to walk you through the school gates and everyone will stare."
"No Tristan."
"Yes. We are going to sit outside and watch the jealous faces of boys and girls. You can hate me as much as you want but I'm going no where." I smirked.
"Whatever." She sighed and walked into her house. How come I have only just noticed this perfect human? I dragged myself back home, unable to get her out of my mind. My sister watched me walk in and laughed.
"Tut tut tut. Little Tristan is falling in deep."