Chapter 23

-Jenna's POV-

I felt bad for never telling her about Tristan, I could have gotten all of these questions out of the way. She kept asking about how we met and why he's with me. I tried to not be offended, but it annoyed me that she was unsure of us. She didn't know the whole truth. She never would. You can't just tell someone, even your best friend, that you are dating a bloody vampire! My hear began to slump down, getting closer to the table. My arms the crossed over it, acting as a pillow for me to rest my head, a couple of minutes wouldn't hurt. My eyes closed and I felt better, but I knew this wouldn't last. Within seconds, my eyes were open and closing, this lasted a while. Tristan reached his arms out across his desk, trying to be annoying and poke my shoulders with his knuckles, his objective was unknown but it was driving me nuts. I flicked my head around, greeting him with a look of annoyance.

"What?" I whisper/ snapped. Did I mention that I was actually still tired? You wouldn't have guessed at break, but come lesson time, I might as well have dropped dead. I don't make myself anymore useful. I don't really understand what my problem is; I'm tired when I really shouldn't be and in hungry when I don't have any food. I sighed and slumped further back into my chair, practically laying. I was actually getting comfortable. My eyes had began to droop, and I was unable to keep them open for much longer.

"I think you should go home, Jen." He sounded concerned, but I knew he was being stupid. Almost the entire class was tired and didn't get enough sleep the night before, he's just being stupid and way too over protective. I shook my head profusely. I don't see why he's getting all concerned, I'm always tired, now is no different. I was used to only sleeping for 3 and 1/2 hours, I had been doing it for nearly 8 years. I faked a tired smile and turned around to ignore him, going back to my comfy sleeping position. Our teacher had given up on the the class, she just gave us books to read and started gambling on the computer; she must be in a good mood. I closed my eyes and slumped in my chair. I had been in a reasonably comfortable position, before Tristan rudely interrupted me. I snapped around and glared at him, fighting the urge to close my eyes. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I closed my eyes, losing my balance and falling off the high chair. Stupid science lab! I hit my head against the hard, concrete floor. I heard Tristan panic the most, Lauren stayed calm and the rest of the class seemed almost not realise what had happened. even the teacher was oblivious. Quickly I lost consciousness, the hard blow that my head had just experienced was taking its toll. I gave up on trying to stay awake; I was too tired to try.

-Tristan's POV-

I watched as Jenna fell off of her stool and hit her head against the concrete. I wanted to quickly help her, but I knew she wouldn't want me to reveal my true self. I jumped over the desk, quickly trying to aid her. The class seemed quite unfazed, only a few people gasped. Even the teacher took his time to get over to us. Lauren was across from me, panicking and making noise.I tried to calm her down, hoping that she would stay out of the way. I scooped her up, into my arms, and ran out of the classroom. Lauren trailed behind, carrying bags. I felt sorry for her, she had only come back, she really didn't need this. I laid Jenna on the backseat of my car, resting her head on my bag, as support. I tried to stop Lauren from coming, but she was adamant that she followed us to the hospital in her car. I sped through every red light and went well over the speed limit. I pulled up in the hospital car park and picked Jenna back out of the car, carrying her to the entrance.

"You stupid ass doctors better help my girlfriend. Now! And if you fail your jobs, I will make sure your lives are ruined!" I yelled, proving my dominance but I was practically begging. A couple of young nurse hurried over wheeling a bed in front of them. I could see that they were trembling, so I quietly apologised to them. They bowed their heads, as if they understood my outburst. I brushed her hair out of her face, hurrying along with the bed.

"Sir, what happened to her?" The short, red head nurse looked up at me. I could tell just how nervous she was to talk. I looked over at her, sending her a reassuring smile. I can make enemies once they have helped my dear Jenna.

"We were sat in chemistry and she collapsed, hitting her head against the concrete floor and I think it might have hit the table on the fall down. She hasn't really responded to anything I've said or done. I just want to know that she is alright. I can't lose her." I began explaining what had happened to her. It ended in tears. "I knew she was tired," I cried. "She hasn't been sleeping for a while now. Insomnia, I think." I was pushed away from the bed as they wheeled her into a room. I slumped down into a chair and sighed deeply. Why couldn't she have listened when I told her to go home? We wouldn't have been in this mess. I closed my eyes and leant my head back against the wall. "Oh Jenna." I mumbled to myself. I heard a loud beeping machine, in guessing that they have hooked her up. The other nurse, the tall, blonde nurse, walked out of the room and stood in front of me. I looked up at her and she looked down at me, she had an awful look of pity on her face.

"Sir, there isn't anything we can do for her. We could possibly put in a few stitches, but the poor girl has been lacking sleep for quiet a while. She is severely sleep-deprived. I'm afraid that the state she is in will remain constant for quite some time." She held eye contact with me for the whole time. I don't care if she was being polite, she should be affected in some way that my poor Jenna is in such a state.

"And what state is she in right now? How is my Jenna?" I looked up at the nurse, internally pleading that everything would be alright. It had to be alright. I don't know what I would do if she was harmed in anyway.

"Jenna is in a coma."

~~~
Hey guys!! Long time no update!
What do you think of my lovely cliffhanger? I have been writing this chapter for weeks and I have only just been able to finish it, sorry. Netflix ensnared me with so many TV shows and I recently got back into watching YouTube!! Hope you guys had an amazing week or day or month!!

SOTC: Guren No Yumiya by Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan theme 😍)

Vote
Comment
Follow

Enjoy
-A