Chapter 21

Jenna's POV

Pain.

That's all I could feel. It was everywhere. Mostly in my chest, my mouth was dryer than a desert and the drummer from Def Leppard was playing in my head. Haven't heard of them, google them.

I tried to move but everything was too heavy and I was on a stiff bed, one of those in a doctors room.
My eyes opened slowly, the room was dark and plain. All the curtains were closed preventing the sunlight to come in.

"Jenna?" I heard someone ask.
I slightly groaned and turned to look at them.

Tristan.

I gasped in surprise at his appearance. His dark hair was messy, as though he'd been running his hands through it a lot. Under his eyes he had dark bags mixing with his black cruel eyes making it seem as though he had 2 holes where his eyes should be. His face was hollowed out and cheek bones were visible. He truly looked like a skeleton. Dead.

"Tristan," I gasped, my voice sounded dead. He sighed and handed me a glass of water as I sat up. "Thank you,"

He just nodded. He looked so much scarier now, I had to steady my hand when drinking, careful not to spill the water down me.

"How are you feeling?" He said gruffly, eyes glazing over.

"Umm, I'm fine... I think." I sighed, "to be honest I can't remember." I laughed slightly.

"Shit," He muttered, "Okay what can you remember?" He asked, putting his head in his hands and elbows on knees.

I thought.... Flashes of images came flooding back, making me groan.
Me running away.
My grandma.
Rebekah.
The... Knife.

"I remember now," I muttered. I felt tears pooling at the corners of my eyes.

"Hey, don't cry." Tristan cooed, and came and sat on the bed, rubbing my arm.
I started to sob. Why was I so stupid!? Why did I stab myself!?

"There's no need to be afraid of me." he whispered to me gently. I moved so I was sat on his lap with my head buried in his neck. This surprised him, but he soon relaxed and wrapped his arms around me.

"Why would I be scared of you?" I asked, confused. My sobs dying down.

He looked at me and sighed, "The bitch, sorry I mean Rebekah compelled you to fear me, that I abused you. Don't you remember?" I frowned.

"I remember her compelling me, but I don't know how I broke it. Because she said it wasn't working." I groaned, "Then I remember me stabbing my-myself." I said, stuttering at the end.

"Wait! How the hell am I alive!?" I exclaimed, jumping up of his lap. But as soon as I jump a pain started to spread from my chest, just above my breasts in the centre. I pulled down my top slightly to see if anything was there. I was expecting a bandaged gory wound, but all I saw was a large purple bruise.
"Where's the wound?" I whispered mostly to myself.

"Be careful, it will still be a bit sore." Tristan said, grabbing my waist and pulling me to him. "And as to how your alive, well much to her displeasure, she gave you her blood healing you. I got there just as you did it, the smell was intoxicating. She didn't notice me so gave you her blood and when I went up to you, you were already healing. But was still unconscious. I'm not sure how you broke the compulsion, you've not been turned into a vampire," He shoved his face in my hair and whispered, "I don't ever want to see you like that again. Seeing you like that was... unbearable. I died a thousands deaths while you were unconscious."

I shivered at his words and I felt a wave of love hit me. "I love you," I whispered as I ran my fingers through his hair.
He looked up at me and his eyes shone with love and adoration.

"I love you more," He whispered back and pecked my lips, "So much more, don't ever leave me again."

I nodded at him and crushed my lips against his, instantly letting his tongue into my mouth. As I pulled away for breath, he started to kiss my neck.
"I won't leave you, I promise." I whispered.

He looked up at me, "why are we whispering?" He said, still whispering.

I laughed at him and punched his shoulder, he didn't even flinch. "Way to kill the mood Romeo!"

He smirked at me, "It was getting too deep for me."

I laughed at him an pushed away, but he grabbed my hand so we were now holding hands.
I raised my eyebrows at him in question, making him grin and shrug.
"Where are we anyways?" I asked, changing the subject.

"My house," He replied simply.

"Your house?"

"Yeh, I just bought it. I thought that since were together and all, we should have a place of our own, also you've not got a home, were not welcome at mine and I'm pretty sure your Nan hates me-"

"She doesn't hate you," I said interrupting him.

"She tasered me," He said, dead-panning.

"Yeh only cause you were being all threatening and 'roarrrrrr' at me." I said.

"Mmm, anyway long story short, we live here now. Me and you." He said grinning at me.

I giggled at his expression, "Yanno your supposed to marry someone first before you buy a house together." I said laughing, and walking out the door. I realised this room was a first aid room. Makes sense.

"We can always do that aswell," he whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Do what?" I asked. He was starting to confuse me.

"Get married!" He said, rolling his eyes at me.

"You ready for this kind of commitment?" I said jokingly, waving my hands around me.

"Yes."

I smiled at him, "You need to think about and you need a ring, come and ask me in a few days when your back to normal." I said. I know he wasn't thinking straight, seeing me like that must've scare him a lot.

"Fine, 2 months and I'll have the ring!" He said, giddily.

"Okay deal, now make me a sandwich! I'm hungry." I said.

"As you wish, my lazy lady." Pulling my hand gently, we went down stairs.

"I'm not lazy!"

"Yes baby, you are."

************************

Yo my peeps! It Emily! 2 updates in a day, I hope this keeps Alex happy!

No.2 QOTD: Would you marry Tristan?

No.2 SOTD: Can't fight the moonlight - LeAnn Rimes.

Awesomely cheesy song :3 xx

-E