Chapter 37

- Jenna's POV -

This day was inevitable... Back to school. It has been so long since I had walked through the dreaded gates. And it had been 3 weeks since I had even seen Tristan. Dressing myself in a pair of black denim shorts, with a lace trim, a grey cropped vest under a grey and white plaid shirt and a pair of black, heeled combat boots, my stomach churned. Would people hate me? How much would I have to catch up on? Can I even pass? Clinging to the red strap of my rucksack, I scurried through the large, iron gates. Much to my surprise, nobody even looked at me. This would usually make me feel self conscious, but I had never been more glad to be kept out of the spotlight. I just wanted to get through my first day back then go straight home.

"JENNA!" The obnoxious scream of my best friend didn't even turn heads. She placed her hands on my shoulders and jumped in the air, pushing down and making me chuckle. I knew that, with her, school wasn't going to be so bad. We both had a lot to catch up on. Luckily, I had only missed lots of revision and recap lessons. It wouldn't have been hard to catch up on. I had always found revision easy. My memory was amazing, almost photographic. Except for vague memories of Tristan that had been blurred during the whole memory wiping incident. However, I was glad to have fewer memories, it made it easier to leave him. I knew that, overtime, my memories would come back, and the pain of being apart would get worse. But he wasn't good for me. I wasn't safe around him. I couldn't remember the last time he made me feel safe. Maybe if he wasn't a vampire we would have been good together. We'll never know that one.

"What lesson's first?" I turned to Laura, curious to any lesson changes or if I had lost my proud position in every top set class. I worked hard to be the best at everything I did. I couldn't lose my position because of him. I wasn't going to have wasted the best years of my life because of him. It would surely break me.

"Don't worry your little self. You're still in the top classes and I have been working hard to get in them as well. So you aren't alone." She smiled at me, ruffling my hair. We knew it annoyed each other, why did we still do that?! Ignoring her annoyance, I sighed in relief that I wouldn't be alone.

"How did I stay in good classes?" I was quite confused as to how I managed to keep my place, after being unconscious for half a year.

"You are a super genius. I can't remember the last time you revised for anything. You probably know more than the teachers." She laughed, pushing me into the classroom. We were 5 minutes late, and I was expecting a detention. Not a single person glanced towards us.

"What's going on?" I whispered to Laura, gesturing to the fact that not a single person had noticed us.

"Tristan compelled everyone to not pay attention to you. He knew you wouldn't like it." She chuckled, patting me on the shoulder. Rolling my eyes, I dragged myself to my seat and slouched as far back as possible.
"I'm guessing you two aren't going so well..." She sighed, slipping into the seat next to me.

"We broke up... He wasn't good for me. I had to leave him." I laughed bitterly, sliding my bag under my chair. Laura stared at me, her eyes filled with pity.
"Don't give me that look. I'm fine. It needed to be done. I might not have been in a coma if I hadn't dated him. I just need to finish exams and get out of this school." She nodded, grasping the situation. I knew she was unsure if my decision because I hadn't given up on him before, but she didn't question me after that. She supported me. That was all I needed. Support.

"OKAY CLASS.... Revision." My thoughts were interrupted by the booming voice of a teacher I was yet too meet, Miss Ravencrow. She was extremely small, around 4"11, but she had a powerful voice that controlled the class. She rambled on about revision and that it would ruin your life if you didn't do it. I could see a few students shaking. They clearly hadn't revised yet. I was, surprisingly, not nervous. I think I was actually ready to get back into the heaps of work and homework. Oh god. I actually just bought that. Ew.

"Ah. The class celebrity. Jenna Pierce." Miss Ravencrow chuckled, staring menacingly at me. I thought everyone had been compelled. Why is she talking to me?

"Nobody controls me, sweetie." She smirked. "Now be prepared to sink into a pit of work, homework, tests, past papers and research. It is the only way that you will pass." She cackled, strolling back to her desk. I hadn't even realised that she had made her way to my desk. She sent shivers down my spine.

"What a creepy gnome." I mumbled, only Laura hearing. She hit my arm lightly, suppressing her giggles.

"You are going to get us expelled if you carry on." She muttered under a laugh.

"Yes, she is."

~~~~
Omg this update took so long to do...
I'm really sorry guys! I hope you like it! And what do you thank of the new teacher, Miss Ravencrow. Is there something suspicious about her??

Sotc: FIRE by BTS

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

Enjoy
-A