Chapter 22

(Jenna's POV)

This month had been so strange. Living with Tristan. I still couldn't get my head around it. Girls at school had been glaring at me, watching us together in the hallways. I was loving it. I leant against my locker, thinking about my new life. It was so unreal, I was unsure if I would ever get used to it. I didn't think I would.

"JENNA!!" I heard the familiar voice, that I have missed, scream my name. My eyes sprang open and I turned to her, grinning.

"LAUREN!!" I screamed back, running to her with my arms open. People were looking at us weird but I didn't care, she had been gone for 6 months. The lucky woman got to travel to New York, to live with her mum. I'm so glad she chose to live here with her dad, she's only going to visit her mum from now on. We wrapped our arms around each other and laughed. I could feel a wetness on my face, I was crying. We pulled away and I could see that she was also crying. I had known her for 13 years, this year. I was 5 when I first met her. Next week, when I turn 18, it will officially be 13 years. We met on my birthday, she fell onto my cake, so I chased her around the play area.

"My god, I've missed you so much! Getting to live in New York, in jealous!" I laughed, lightly pushing her. She giggled and rubbed the back of her neck, as though she was getting nervous. My smile faltered slightly, before returning to its fullness.

"Yeah, it was alright. You easily get sick of it, after a while. How many people know what I've been doing?" She started off calm, but ended sounded panicky. I rolled my eyes, finding her worry quite funny.

"People do know that you left for a while. But seriously, they don't care. They would rather live their own sad lives." I grinned, reassuring her. She smiled back at me. I linked arms with her and we strolled down the hallway. I was telling her about school, but I didn't mention Tristan, I think that it is too soon to tell her. I will tell her later though. But right now, I need my best friend as my best friend, not another person with a billion questions about me and him. We went to reception and got her new timetable. I got mine out and compared lessons. Yes. Yes. No. Yes. Yes. I only looked at today's lessons and we had 4 out of 5 lessons together. The woman at reception laughed at my eagerness to get to class. I yanked Lauren's arm and pulled her down the hallway, again. I must have looked crazy, but in that moment I couldn't care less. I had got my best friend back and I had a perfect boyfriend, what could go wrong?

"JEEEEENNNAAAA!!!" Spoke too soon. I heard the shrill, whiny voice of Clara. Lauren was stifling a laugh at my annoyance. I lightly nudged her in the ribs, faking a smile at Clara.
"I can't believe that you left home! Mom has been so upset since you left. She cries herself to sleep, hugging a photo of you. It's very weird." She sighed, nodding at herself. My mind was unable to process the image I was given. My mom, MY mother, missing ME! I don't think that is a possible situation. There is a list of things that are impossible, that is at the top of the list, although so are vampires. I'd look for myself but I made a pledge to myself that I would never ever go back there!

"Something in me makes me think that what you have just said kind of isn't true, Clara. So I'm very sorry if it is but I really couldn't care less. She can go and drown in a bag of alcohol for all I care. See ya." I smiled politely and pulled Lauren along. We were almost at first lesson when Lauren stopped moving.

"You didn't tell me that you left home! Where do you live now? Are you homeless? Seriously Jen, why would you not tell me this?" She got really angry and stubborn. She pushed me back into a locker, I really hoped that nobody saw us.

"I'm sorry, okay. My mom was getting too much for me, so I left. I live with a friend. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I forgot to mention it." I sighed, rubbing my arm. Lauren's eyes were blazing with anger. She stomped her foot, making me drop my bag.