Chapter 1

(Tristan's POV)

The burning sun glowed through my curtains and burned my icy cold skin. I was more of an indoor person. I like my videogames, more than people.

"Tristan, wake up. First day of term." My twin sister yelled me. I didn't normally wake up during the day and I rarely left the house but I had to make my star appearance at some point. I dragged myself out of the warm, heavenly comfort of my bed and I quickly dressed myself in some black jeans and an old band shirt, I didn't even listen to them anymore. I grabbed my phone and jogged downstairs. I was greeted with shocked faces.

"So it left its pit." My brother snickered.

"Just remember that I am a year older than you, so I have the upper hand and I could easily kill you." I very slightly raised my voice, proving that I had the upper hand. He mumbled a few curse words and sat back in his place. I grabbed my school bag and my car keys. Then I jogged out to my car. I put the keys in the ignition to hear a loud droning squeak. Then my car thought it would be hilarious to break down and make me walk. I got out quickly, kicking the door. It left a small dent but I really wasn't in the mood. I threw my keys into the house through an open window. It easily went through. I pulled out a cancer stick, I mean cigarette, and lit it. Enjoying the taste, I smirked as I walked through the school gates. All of the bratty posh chicks gawked as I walked past them. Their boyfriends tried to get back to their early morning make out session. But I guess I was irresistible. I laughed as every group of girls swooned over me. I honestly had no idea how or why it happened but I sure did enjoy having control. I could make them do anything. It was great. Even the large gay community loved me. I might not be gay but it sure was great controlling their lives as well. I was literally the centre of school. I had control over these innocent people lives. It was fun but I wasn't that evil. I just ignored them. I walked past them as though they didn't exist. You could say I was the school's bad boy here, every school has one,

"Oh my baby boy come here." One of the stupid popular girls beckoned me over to her like a dog. I looked over my shoulder and she was already behind me.

"What now, Clara?" I sighed, not in the mood for her.

"So... Prom is next week and I was..." She started off sweetly.

"No." I quickly cut her off. I picked up speed and quickly walked to my locker. I chucked my bags in a grabbed a textbook for History, my first lesson, and an art pad, along with a few pens and pencils. I calmly walked into the room. I was always first in because I become Super-nerd in this class. I love it almost as much as I love Art and Music. But today there was a girl sat at the back, in the corner. Her feet were propped up on the desk and a book resting on her thighs, her hair was like a curtain concealing her face and a book.

"Hey, I'm Tristan." I held my hand out to be shook, waiting for her inner fan-girl to come out at me.

"I know. I'm Jenna Pierce, call me Jen." She casually said, not looking up from her book. She didn't even shake my hand so I took it back.

"What book are you reading?" I asked, trying to make conversation. I took a seat next to her.

"The Great Gatsby." She smirked, still not letting her eyes leave her enchanting book.

"I love that book." I smile, trying to get her attention. She totally ignored me. I was so happy to finally find someone who didn't collapse every time I would breathe. The teacher walked in and smiled at us both.

"Good morning, my favourite little students." He laughed.

"Good morning sir." I replied.

"I don't think you're allowed favourites. And I'm not little." Jen grinned.

"I am the teacher, I create rules." He smirked, taking a seat behind his desk. I was shocked by the amount of banter that a student and a teacher could have, especially when it was the class mouse starting it.

"So Jen, what's your favourite class?" I asked her.

"Art, Music, English and this." She put her book down and turned to look at me.

"What about you? Let me guess. Sport." She smirked.

"No. I like the same lessons as you, but maybe not English." I laughed and her smirk quickly faded. Then the door burst open and floods of students came crashing in. I ended up being surrounded by a swarm of annoying teenage girls. Just my luck. I blocked them all out and used as much energy as i could to just listen to Mr Jenkins, our unfortunately old teacher. The poor guy was ready to drop off and he still needed to take care of a class of ignorant teenagers. Just as he finished his presentation, before he could say another word, the bell went off and everybody stampeded out. I walked up to him and thanked him for the lesson and walked into the dinner hall. Barely anyone came in here at breaks so I was glad. I got to be alone for a while. The girl in class wasn't new but I had never seen her before. She was probably an outcast, not really social. She is like me but unpopular. It's a shame really, we could have been friends. I crouched in a corner and began to write and draw. They didn't mean anything but, when I put a pencil in my hand, it's like I can't control it. I hear the door squeak open, so I crouch down even further and tried staying silent. Whoever was in here placed themselves at the other side of the room. I shifted myself so that I could look up, and I scanned the area. I couldn't see a thing. There were too many chairs and tables in the way. I looked under and all I could see was a pair of scruffy, once white, converse. Another bell went off, I stood up and brushed myself off. I quickly left the dining hall, not wanting to get caught. I stood next to the door, to see who had joined me in seclusion. Just as they got to the door, my name rang through the speakers.

"Tristan Evans. Tristan Evans to the principals office. That's Tristan Evans to the principals office." I threw my books into my locker and dragged myself to the principals office. Evans wasn't my real name but I don't think Tristan Dracula would go down very well in 21st Century America. I wasn't a vampire but I have been told that most of my grandparents are and that I'm a desendant from Dracula. Yeh whatever. I went back on focusing on getting to the Principals office. I skidded down the hallway and carefully stopped, just in front of the door. I knocked three times before being let in. Deaf old bat. I slowly entered and sat down.

"You called, miss?" I tried not laughing at her new, terrible, fake tan. She puts oranges to shame.

"Yes. Mr Evans. It seems that your grades are going down in many classes. The three classes that you don't need, are the three that you excell at. What is going on?" I hate school, always have.

"Well, miss, I don't expect to be in this school for much longer than this term and once it is over, I will be out of your hair forever." I grinned. She sighed and thought for a moment.

"Go, boy." She wafted her hand and I left. That woman treats people like dogs. I strolled down the corridor and found Jenna, leaning against her locker. I smirked and strolled over to her. Time to play.