Chapter 17

(Tristan's POV)

Jumping out of the window, I sprinted to my house. Waiting on the wooden porch, I watched Jenna slam her front door and stomp down the street. A look of anger was plastered across her face, but I easily made her laugh, by pulling faces. She skipped across to me, whilst I picked myself up. I left her bags on the floor and opened my arms to her. She rested her head on my chest, taking a long, slow, deep breath.

"Should I be this happy to leave there?" She looked up, leaving her chin resting on my chest. The happiness was radiating off her.

"Yes, but you're only moving a couple of houses down. Jenna are you sure you want to move out?" I looked down at her. She was happy but I could sense she regretted it. I really didn't want to push her into anything, but I hoped that she wanted to stay with me.

"Yeah. I'm glad I got away from them. Family or not, I was ready to leave home, even if it's a couple of houses down from it." She grinned, pulling away from me and picking up a bag. I sighed in relief and smiled back at her. I grabbed the other three bags, pushing the door open with my foot.

"MUM!" I shouted as loud as I could, nobody was there. Home alone. I guided Jen upstairs and showed her back into my room. I dropped her bags in the corner and we ran downstairs.

"What now?" Jenna sat cross legged on the floor, smiling up at me. She pulled me down next to her.

"If my entire family is out, that means they won't be back for the rest of the day. It's 6pm, they'll be back tomorrow morning." I checked the time as I spoke. If nobody is back after 5:30pm, my mum is on a business trip and my brother and sister will be with friends. I almost a tradition, stops us from worrying about each other. I don't really get it but it's just one of those family things that we have.

"A house to ourselves all night." She grinned. I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively. She punched me as hard as she could, not hurting me in the slightest, but I played along. I laid back in fake pain, clutching my chest. She pushed me again. "Piss off." She laughed, yanking me up.

"Seriously, what do you wanna do?" I whined. Yes, I whined. She rolled her eyes and began to stand up. My eyes followed her as she wondered across the room. She was looking through the cupboards and shelves.

"Where are your DVDs?" She whispered loud enough for me to hear, as though someone might here her. I pointed to the small cupboard, under the stairs, and she disappeared into the dark abyss. I heard slight shuffles and knocks, the occasional moan of pain. As I said, it's a small cupboard. After making sure that she took as long as possible, Jen appeared with her arms full.

"You don't need to whisper you know." I rolled my eyes, laying my head back, as she looked through the cupboards.
"Take your time, Jen." I shouted to her. "Oh Jenna, you didn't get me a present for my 70th birthday." I faked cried, whilst yelling to her, getting very impatient. I know that I said she could choose, but I didn't mean the entire cupboard!

"I hope you like Horror and Comedy, cos that's practically all I've got." She grinned, looking somehow innocent yet slightly cocky and evil. She quietly giggled as she dropped the choices in front of me. She gestured for me to pick, but I insisted that she got to pick the first film. What can I say? I'm a gentleman.

"My kind of movie choice." I laid back and let her choose everything. I aim to please my guest, but let her do all of the work. She put a disk into the player and pulled me onto my big, blue beanbag, resting her head on my chest. She looked up at me, I could see from the corner of my eye, but I didn't look back down at her, she's look away if I did.

"I could lay like this forever." She mumbled, as The Conjuring flashed into the screen. I felt her giggle slightly, her happiness is infectious, because I began to smile, for no reason at all. Even with a horror film playing in front of me, I began to close my eyes, letting my head fall back. Jen hadn't moved off of my chest, as she crawled up into a ball. I pulled her in closer and smiled even more, not opening my eyes. Just as I opened my eyes, the front door slammed shut.

"TRISTAN EVANS! WHAT ON EARTH IS SHE DOING HERE!?"

~~~
Hey guys!!!!
I've had seriously bad writers block for the past few days, weeks even, and I have been struggling to write anything. But with the demand for a new chapter, I tried writing something that wasn't to bad, but I'll let you be the judge of that.
Emily hasn't been writing for a while, for reasons unknown, sorry. She is the better writer of the two of us, so you're stuck with me until she writes again.

QOTC: Why are the schools in Wattpad stories so violent? I'll admit to being clique...

SOTC:
Not the American Average by Asking Alexandria

Enjoy
-A