Chapter 34

-Jenna's POV-

He marked me... He actually marked me. Did I even consent to that? I must have been unconscious. I had no choice but to stay close to him, but that didn't mean that I couldn't refuse to talk to him or even look at him. It would drive him insane: I learnt that from his clingy and possessive tendencies. It's just a shame that I'm not the type of girl to be owned by their boyfriend, even if he is a vampire. I watched as he, sheepishly, made his way back into my room. He had clearly been thinking of an elaborate plan to get my forgiveness.  I was almost hurt that he actually believed that I would automatically forgive him. He has taken away my future.

"We knew we were destined to be together. We promised that we would stay by each other's sides forever. You told me you loved me; I love you. It was selfish of me, but I needed to know you wouldn't leave me. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." He pleaded, expecting my acceptance. I wanted to keep him grovelling for a while. I might forgive him, one day. I decided that my best tactic would be silence. I closed my eyes and ignored him, earning an annoyed growl from him. "I've just got you back; why are being like this?" He sighed. Got me back? What did he mean? I wanted to ask, I really did, but I wasn't going to be weak. I rolled over in bed, my back facing him. "Jenna! Why are you being a bitch!? I did this for us!" He raised his voice, cursing at me. This bastard.

"Get the fuck out of my room! You mark me; now you're insulting me. You fucking prick! I don't know what you mean by "I just got you back" but I want to know. You have 30 seconds before in calling security. Tell me everything. Then leave." I screamed at him, before managing to calm down. I wanted him to leave, but my curiosity got the better of me. He hurried to sit on my bed and gripped my hands.

"When you fell and hit your head, you went into a coma for 6 months. You woke up without any memory of me. You then saw me throw a hospital bed, I was angry, and you believed that I had kidnapped you. Laura is terrified of me. I marked you because it was the only way to get back your memories of me. I'm truly sorry. And I love you." He hurried, his voice breaking slightly. Was it true? Had I been in a 6 month coma and then not remembered Tristan? Oh god. I felt so guilty. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to be angry at him for practically dictating my life, but I wanted to kiss him and thank him for regaining my memories. The dilemma that faced me could only have one solution.

"Tristan," I grabbed him hand, trying to stay angry, "I love you too." I pulled him closer, his lips barely touching mine.

"Let's get you out of here." He smirked, whisking me up and carrying me out of the dingy hospital room. "I didn't know how long I could have lived with you hating me. You refused to even look at me, and it broke me." He sighed, cementing his hands in the back of my knees and lower back.

"Excuse me sir, you can't remove a patient without a full examination and a doctors permission." My doctor clamped his hand on Tristan's shoulder, glaring angrily at him. Shit. If Tristan kicks off, I dread to think what could happen.

"Well, sir, I can take Jenna, she has discharged herself and is coming home with me." He grabbed the doctors arm, clearly compelling him.

"No she isn't." The doctor shrugged him off and gripped Tristan's shoulder, digging in his short, bitten nails. Woah. He must be immune. Even Tristan seemed shocked. He rolled his eyes and stomped past. "I know what you are, so you better not take another step. Tristan Evans. Or Tristan Dracula, should I say." The doctor growled quietly, allowing only Tristan and I to hear. Both of our eyes widened as we heard him. Tristan stopped in his tracks and waited for a command for then doctor.

"Well what the fuck do you want then?" He growled, his upper lip twitching with anger. I had never seen Tristan so enraged. He was struggling to compose himself; that was clear.

"Put down the girl and let her leave. I'll deal with you myself. I've killed enough of your kind." The doctor snarled, pulling us to one side.

"No. She goes nowhere without me." Tristan put me down but firmly held my hand, refusing to back down. It was kind of hot, but I had chosen the wrong time to think that.

"Well, I guess I'll have to kill the pair of you." We were shoved into the closest room and I heard as the door locked behind us. "I hate killing innocent people, but if you're going to force me... I guess she has to go." Tristan's grip on my hand loosened.

"Don't you dare." I whispered to him, refusing to leave him. I wasn't going to allow a deranged vampire killing doctor just slaughter Tristan. I had morals. I tightly let go of Tristan's hand and slapped the doctor. "You fucking prick, let us go!" I screamed, hoping I would get someone's attention outside. The doctor gripped my throat, his fingers curling around and tightening.

"Don't fucking scream, or I'll have to end you sooner. And I wanted to let you go. You're just as bad as him." He spat in my face, as I began to choke and gag on my own spit. Tristan acted quickly, clawing at the doctor and biting him. His face drained of all colour.

"Enjoy the vervain, vamp." He choked, releasing me and falling to the floor. Tristan had killed him. I wanted to pity him and feel ashamed of Tristan, but, the moment his fingers wrapped around my neck, he was asking for what he got. I looked over at Tristan, he was gripping his throat, heaving and clearly in pain. Hurrying over to him, I watched as he threw up blood.

"What do I do?!" I panicked, rubbing his back, unsure of what else could have been helpful.

"There's nothing you can do."

~~~
Yoooooo!
I tried to update this chapter quickly but I've been on holiday and I've just been busy. I hope this was worth the wait!

Sotc: Letting Go by DAY6 (cos this song is emotional asf)

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

Enjoy
-A